Post-Game Talk: Washington Hockey Team @ Actually it's a peninsula 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Because only one person seems to get benched. And talking about whining... when can we expect the next maacocshark vrana tirade?
Lots of guys have been benched. Panik has been benched for a few games. Why bench him before Vrana. Vrana just doesn't put in the effort. Atleast Panik puts in the effort and makes smater decisions.
Oh and don't forget Seigenthaler being a healthy scratch most of the season. He should definitely be in the lineup.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I’d like to see Dillon sit a game but I don’t really know that their $3.9M for 4 years defenseman sitting is going to happen. I think he would probably be better suited on the third pair, however.

Of course that would mean Chara in the top 4 which may upset some people but honestly I say give it a shot. He lost his coverage tonight on the goal but in general he’s been their best defensive LD. Put him beside Carlson and see what happens. It was a good pairing earlier this year.

Reactions: caps4cup

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Random vent post

I hate Adam Oates

Tom Wilson is a hell of a hockey player who as a first round pick was immediately put on 4th line as a “enforcer”... which wasn’t fair to Wilson - and one of many awful decisions by Oates.

if he developed skill in Hershey he’d be up to nhl as a elite prospect with skill instead of being known as a cheap shot goon.

Us who watch Wilson know he’s a good kid who has been treated very unfairly by the nhl. He’s fast, big, amd strong. He’s a legit nfl linebacker body who skates fast and plays physical. He’s just a beast.

... but Wilson ruined his perception early... and that’s on Oates being a shitty coach and not on Wilson,

thst being said that was so boring of a game. Islanders beat us scoring 8 and then scoring 1. That’s not good. That’s not good at all.

taking a gummy and going to bed.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Random vent post

I hate Adam Oates

Tom Wilson is a hell of a hockey player who as a first round pick was immediately put on 4th line as a “enforcer”... which wasn’t fair to Wilson - and one of many awful decisions by Oates.

if he developed skill in Hershey he’d be up to nhl as a elite prospect with skill instead of being known as a cheap shot goon.

Us who watch Wilson know he’s a good kid who has been treated very unfairly by the nhl. He’s fast, big, amd strong. He’s a legit nfl linebacker body who skates fast and plays physical. He’s just a beast.

... but Wilson ruined his perception early... and that’s on Oates being a shitty coach and not on Wilson,

thst being said that was so boring of a game. Islanders beat us scoring 8 and then scoring 1. That’s not good. That’s not good at all.

taking a gummy and going to bed.

A reminder. Wilson was too young to play in Hershey that Oates season. It was junior or the NHL.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Im starting to wonder if the leash on BMac is going to get thin soon. Most of the trades he's made in the past three years have been meh at best to bad, he's given players extensions way too long or too much money, and he's sat behind 2 (potentially 3) first round exits. We are having similar issues to last year, and we dont have todd to blame.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Right.. because Chara and Dillon are playing defense... rofl. They've lost multiple games and haven't seen the pine once.
I think the point is that you are complaining about Vrana being benched. He earned the spot on the bench.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Im starting to wonder if the leash on BMac is going to get thin soon. Most of the trades he's made in the past three years have been meh at best to bad, he's given players extensions way too long or too much money, and he's sat behind 2 (potentially 3) first round exits. We are having similar issues to last year, and we dont have todd to blame.

:facepalm:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I’d like to see Dillon sit a game but I don’t really know that their $3.9M for 4 years defenseman sitting is going to happen. I think he would probably be better suited on the third pair, however.

Of course that would mean Chara in the top 4 which may upset some people but honestly I say give it a shot. He lost his coverage tonight on the goal but in general he’s been their best defensive LD. Put him beside Carlson and see what happens. It was a good pairing earlier this year.
Chara has awful lately. He isn't really playing any better than Dillon.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Plus he picked Rierden over trotz

Reactions: Firsov99

Jun 15, 2007
Most of GMBM'S famous four year deals have not worked out exactly as hoped.

Jensen 4x2.5m looks okay now but was terrible last year.

Kempny 4x2.5 looks terrible, especially with two massive injuries now.

Hathaway 4x1.5m is okay, not great.

Dillon 4x3.9 sucks

Panik 4x2.75m sucks

Hagelin 4x2.75m bad.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Most of GMBM'S famous four year deals have not worked out exactly as hoped.

Jensen 4x2.5m looks okay now but was terrible last year.

Kempny 4x2.5 looks terrible, especially with two massive injuries now.

Hathaway 4x1.5m is okay, not great.

Dillon 4x3.9 sucks

Panik 4x2.75m sucks

Hagelin 4x2.75m bad.
Jensen’s deal looks fantastic right now. Kempny’s looked fantastic until he tore his groin. That was bad luck. Hathaway at 1.5 is pretty good.

Dillon has been bad this year, but was good last year in a SSS and historically brings exactly what this team needed and wanted. He’s had some up and down years in his career and this seems to be a down one. Panik’s weird because he looks awful but his underlying numbers are pretty good for his price tag and role. Hagelin is a very unique player in what he brings. He’s probably worth the 2.75mil but not if he’s on the 4th line. Panik and Hagelin both have pretty good underlying numbers but at 2.75mil it’s just not worth having that on the 4th line.

I would like to see Hagelin on the 3rd line and Panik with Dowd and Hathaway. Hagelin and Eller have fantastic numbers together since Hagelin was traded here. Panik-Dowd-Hathaway killed it last year when they were together as well. It’s worth a shot. I think Vrana could fair well with Eller-Hagelin the same way that Connolly did. Those guys just work hard and get pucks. Or go with Hagelin-Eller-Sheary. Either way, I’d like to see that little wrinkle and see how that works out.

Last edited:

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
...in hockey? We're talking about hockey, right?

Seriously, what is going on with some of you?
Just for clarification, Ted/Dick Patrick didn't renew McPhee's contract after 17 years and let him become a free agent GM. Ted/Dick Patrick did fire David Poile back in '97 when they missed the playoffs. That was also the time when Ted just took over ownership of the team and probably was looking for a window to open to hire a new GM anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad