OT: Washington Football Team: What's in a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It's looking more and more like Mond is the guy they have their targets set on. Still hoping they go big WR in Round 1 (Marshall Jr or Bateman to add to the corps) and then OT in Round 2 and QB,LB in Round 3. If they can do that, grab a CB in Round 4, TE in Round 5, RB and LB in Round 7, that's going to be a great haul.

don’t love his mechanics....

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
It's looking more and more like Mond is the guy they have their targets set on. Still hoping they go big WR in Round 1 (Marshall Jr or Bateman to add to the corps) and then OT in Round 2 and QB,LB in Round 3. If they can do that, grab a CB in Round 4, TE in Round 5, RB and LB in Round 7, that's going to be a great haul.

Bateman-Mond is my nightmare draft. Both guys are JAGS.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Bateman-Mond is my nightmare draft. Both guys are JAGS.

Not familiar with Mond so watched the first half of this

Snap analysis is he has a constipated sort of compact delivery that reminds me a bit of Rivers' move, but the thing that stands out is I see almost no reading of the defense. He's just waiting for his first option to get CLOSE to open then throwing the ball, even into coverage. Then the WR makes a play.

It doesn't look horrible and maybe it's a function of the play selection, I don't know. But I would be concerned about his playmaking ability vs throwing ability.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
If Rondale Moore is there in the 2nd I would have a really hard time not taking him. Dude has workhorse written all over him.

This seems like a deep draft.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Please no WR in round one unless he is head and shoulders BPA. Like way over everyone.

There should be some terrific LB’s or OT’s available at 19. Far better than the WR’s slotted there. Fill that hole first (which is massive), well before a WR3. That’s a luxury item.

that said, if one of the CB’s slide or the top S is there, I’m game with those as well.

Last edited:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Do they need to trade up for an LB? Would think they’d have choice of top 2 or 3 at 19

Yeah the only reason to trade up is to try to hopefully get your long term franchise QB IMO. Other than that there will be a reasonable amount of solid players at positions of need, which they have a few of, at 19.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I did read somewhere they have interest in Parsons and saw on NFL network that RR wants a linebacker like Kuechly again (but who wouldn’t lol)

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I agree. If one of the top 4 QBs are gone if they trade up I hope it’s for a LB.
Im really hoping the Penn State LB drops to us. He was the top ratted D prospect before sitting out the season. Ive seen him going to the Eagles in mocks gross...

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
How is it that a QB, who couldn’t cut it in the NFL, lands a job as a QB coach...in the NFL?

is it a case of the body not on same page with the mind, while a player?

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
This Jones at 3 thing is silly. I can’t imagine the Niners wouldn’t sent ALL THAT collateral to move from 12 to 3 for a guy that was seemingly available at 12.

they will take Lance.

Cooley has Jones ranked 3 based on his film breakdown. So not that far fetched.

1. Wilson
2. Lawerence
3. Jones
4. Lance
5. Fields

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Cooley has Jones ranked 3 based on his film breakdown. So not that far fetched.

1. Wilson
2. Lawerence
3. Jones
4. Lance
5. Fields

That's how I'd rank them too, but 3-5 aren't top 5 picks in my opinion, this frenzy to move up to draft anyone behind TL and Wilson is a little nuts.

I think Jones at 10, Lance at 15 and Fields at 20 represents decent value, but its nearly certain NFL teams will upsell themselves on each of them some how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad