OT: Washington Football Team: What's in a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Twice surgically repaired knee. He's also missed a lot of time with injury at Stanford. I know SI did a story on Kellen Mond and his pro day and how he didn't use a quarterback coach to set up his pro day and apparently it was a smashing success. I'm resigning myself to the idea that Mond will be their guy.
I can live with Mond if they don’t take him in the 1st.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Warriors has been my favorite ever since Snyder was going to call his arena league team the warriors.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Really "Warriors" is the only one that doesn't sound like a D league team.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Washington Football Club works as well. The rest of the names not so much.

Ultimately, so long as they don’t name the team after a poem that was written by a drunk who married his cousin I will be ok.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Politicians all of them... really good at the non answer, answers.
He's more a lawyer than a politician. Mayhew went to Georgetown Law. He is a smart dude, and he knows how to deflect and sidestep a question he doesn't want to answer. Lawyers are great at answering your question by answering the question they wanted you to ask and not the question you actually asked.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Not sure why Mayhew should give anything away right now anyway....

Reporter: So what are the Belter's thoughts about a QB in this draft?

Mayhew: We love Mac Jones and we don't think Heiney or Allen have what it takes to be a starter. If the 9ers are stupid enough not to draft Jones, we're definitely going to trade up with Atlanta to draft him. But if the 9rs do select Jones, we love love love Lance and we'd trade up for him too. Those are our plans and we sure hope we can pull it off.

Reporter: Jaw drops....

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
RR and Mayhew press conference

It's looking more and more like Mond is the guy they have their targets set on. Still hoping they go big WR in Round 1 (Marshall Jr or Bateman to add to the corps) and then OT in Round 2 and QB,LB in Round 3. If they can do that, grab a CB in Round 4, TE in Round 5, RB and LB in Round 7, that's going to be a great haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad