NFL: Washington Football Team now the Washington Commanders

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
He actually threatened to pull the funding for the building when they first wanted to change the name.
Yep and then out of dumped all the money possible into that elephant because the rest of the money he donated would have gone to the school.

Sep 19, 2008
I think the reason I'm so opposed to this investigation is that Congress is wasting their time trying to reach a conclusion everyone already knows. We know the workplace bad. We don't need an investigation into it.

"Congress is obligated to examine corrupt workplaces."

1) this issue was already investigated by the nfl

2) the nfl found significant enough wrongdoing to punish Dan for what at the time was the "highest" fee in NFL history IIRC, as well as "suspend" Dan from Team operations

3) the culture has changed since then

I'm not sure what additional punishment Congress (if they even had the power to do so) or the NFL could do based on the Mary Jo White report, or the Congressional findings. So you spent over a year talking to Dan and Bruce and all these people, for what? "Guys, there's a bad culture in this organization. We need to expose it." IT WAS ALREADY EXPOSED BEFORE YOU STARTED THIS INVESTIGATION! YOU DIDN'T REVEAL ANY NEW INFORMATION!

Sep 19, 2008

This sham committe can't even get their facts straight. All they want to do is cast aspersions and blame. An utter waste of time.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

This sham committe can't even get their facts straight. All they want to do is cast aspersions and blame. An utter waste of time.
It's basic lawyering 101. It's not exactly that everything said there discounts what has been said prior.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

This is not surprising at all and essentially why they won't force him out. The Samson option.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I think the reason I'm so opposed to this investigation is that Congress is wasting their time trying to reach a conclusion everyone already knows. We know the workplace bad. We don't need an investigation into it.

2) the nfl found significant enough wrongdoing to punish Dan for what at the time was the "highest" fee in NFL history IIRC, as well as "suspend" Dan from Team operations

I'm not sure what additional punishment Congress (if they even had the power to do so) or the NFL could do based on the Mary Jo White report, or the Congressional findings. So you spent over a year talking to Dan and Bruce and all these people, for what? "Guys, there's a bad culture in this organization. We need to expose it." IT WAS ALREADY EXPOSED BEFORE YOU STARTED THIS INVESTIGATION! YOU DIDN'T REVEAL ANY NEW INFORMATION!

This is so incredibly pathetic.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Does he keep his file on Jerry Jones next to the file he has with naked photos of cheerleaders taken and shared by Snyder without their consent?

The culture has changed? How do you know this? Because Snyder tells you?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Seth Wickerson is pretty legit.

Guy is good at his job working for ESPN.
He just clarifies everything

I always assumed Donald sterling was forced out by the owners which isn’t true, it was his wife removing him from the family trust.

So they are trying for:
1) debt waivers now
2) then potentially try to get 24 owners to vote

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Ever since this guy allowed Blue level season ticket holders to travel to Mexico and watch the cheerleader photo shoot and watch them change you knew this guy is a complete cancer of a human being

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Seth Wickerson is pretty legit.

Guy is good at his job working for ESPN.
He just clarifies everything

I always assumed Donald sterling was forced out by the owners which isn’t true, it was his wife removing him from the family trust.

So they are trying for:
1) debt waivers now
2) then potentially try to get 24 owners to vote

The owners were all but guaranteed to push Sterling out; his (ex?) wife instead claimed he had dementia and as a result removed him from the decision making role he had, once her claims were held up by a court.

RE Wickerson - didn't he put put that story years ago saying how the Pats were going to release Brady and hand the team over to Jimmy G? Then he was traded like a couple months later.

Unless Snyder has some J Edgar Hoover level dirt on everyone else, I can't see this working out in his favour.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Challenging the NFL to go to war has never worked out well except for the union.

Sep 19, 2008

That said, the investigation did unearth allegations of financial discrepancy which are further investigated by DC and VA AG. And they (even if they are disproven) are a huge deal for Dan to deal with, and probably the impetus for him selling the club. So in this case, the investigation probably hastened the ouster of Daniel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad