OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 14: NFC LEast Homestretch Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Why the hell is it smart for Haskins to check down to a TE 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage who is immediately tackled in bounds forcing Rivera to call a time out? Jonathan Vilma has take. To many hits to the head.
It's making me crazy when he does get time, watching him wait until the check-down guy finally draws coverage to throw it to him. Has done it at least 3 or 4 times already today. JFC.

Reactions: max21

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
It’s tough to watch Thomas Davis play. He can’t move. Why is he out there?
Because everyone else is broken. We're a better team than we were, but we won't be a good team until we have depth across the board.
Need more drafts run by professional talent evaluators.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Here we go.

Do you know how defense is played?
Yup I do. Montez Sweat went right up field and took himself out. Great d-linemen may not make the tackle but they make it easier for the linebackers. Allen was pushed 3 yards backward, didn’t maintain his gap. The d-linemen were manhandled on that run and many similar runs against Seattle, SF, the Giants, etc.

They are a decent d-line at best. I would argue the strength of the defense is the secondary right now. Odd to read, yes, but if you go past the all the hype they are covering well and sure tacklers.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Yup I do. Montez Sweat went right up field and took himself out. Great d-linemen may not make the tackle but they make it easier for the linebackers. Allen was pushed 3 yards backward, didn’t maintain his gap. The d-linemen were manhandled on that run and many similar runs against Seattle, SF, the Giants, etc.

They are a decent d-line at best. I would argue the strength of the defense is the secondary right now. Odd to read, yes, but if you go past the all the hype they are covering well and sure tacklers.

The fact you said the secondary is the best unit on the D shows you don’t. It’s fine.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Even in the shitshow that is today, it's noticeable how much better this team is simply making tackles. Odd to say on a day when we're getting it run down our throats, but now a guy whiffing or getting run through is the exception more than the rule.
That's a big positive in the long run.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
This surely ends the Haskins era in Washington.

Yes he is done here.

Bad luck for him to be drafted by a team with basically a lame duck HC. If he could of had 2 years in the same system he could of had a chance to develop into a productive starter. Instead he is another wasted 1st round pick by DC.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
If you watch Haskins he’s limited to one side of the field; his left. We’re running a HS offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad