OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 14: NFC LEast Homestretch Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Hurts is already the 2nd best QB in the division.

He's going to be a huge pain in the ass to play twice a year.

Game tonight is massive.

Sep 19, 2008
But RG3 and Campbell were 2nd and 3rd on that stats list and they flamed out here.

How valid is that stat?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
49ers lost again today (3rd straight L) so their 3rd pick that we own keeps getting better. Think it’s pick 72 or 73 at the moment but with them facing the Cardinals and Seahawks the last two games there’s a good chance their third rounder will fall somewhere in the mid to high 60s.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'm not opposed to analytics but they have to be useful information. That is just garbage.

Greenberg is the Waste Management of garbage stats. But in this case it might be correct. I think it's likely a measure of ball security more than anything else, or moving the offense downfield, regardless of game results.

RG3's stats are likely being padded by some good games in that first year. Without looking it up I'm guessing Cousins is probably the best statistical QB since 2000. Campbell was middle of the road vanilla ~200yds/1-2TDs/1INT with a stout running game nearly every week. Nothing special, didn't really kill you with too many 3INT games or whatever, like so many other WFTQBs since 2K.

Sep 19, 2008
Greenberg is the Waste Management of garbage stats. But in this case it might be correct. I think it's likely a measure of ball security more than anything else, or moving the offense downfield, regardless of game results.

RG3's stats are likely being padded by some good games in that first year. Without looking it up I'm guessing Cousins is probably the best statistical QB since 2000. Campbell was middle of the road vanilla ~200yds/1-2TDs/1INT with a stout running game nearly every week. Nothing special, didn't really kill you with too many 3INT games or whatever, like so many other WFTQBs since 2K.
True. These stats can just be tilted and biased to fit a narrative.

750966.jpg

@Fixed to Ruin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad