OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 14: NFC LEast Homestretch Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
I give it two weeks before something catastrophic happens to this team.

And next year they'll suck again.

Because we can't have nice things when it comes to this team.

I'm a terrible fan.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

3rd downs, and Alex Smith, and a curve-busting 41 point blowout, and crap opponents (DAL, NYG, DET, CIN, DAL).

If not for that collapse by Dallas on Thursday we're looking at 25, 20, 27, 20 for 23pts/g. That's still better than 18 but 41 points is throwing the stats off and may be an outlier.

We'll see.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Not to poop in butts but 1st six games:

Eagles
Cardinals
Browns
Ravens
Rams
Giants

Is a lot different set of games from:

Cowboys
Giants
Lions
Bengals
Cowboys

This game against the Steelers will show if we actually turned it around or not even if we don't win. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
we are like pick 7-11 now. If we win the div we are pick 19. I say F the tank now and just win. We arent getting the top 2 QBs or the top OL and its a crap shot after that in the draft.

and we have the 5th most cap space next year even with Alex Smith on the roster

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
we are like pick 7-11 now. If we win the div we are pick 19. I say F the tank now and just win. We arent getting the top 2 QBs or the top OL and its a crap shot after that in the draft.

and we have the 5th most cap space next year even with Alex Smith on the roster

That and (so far) it doesn't seem like we have that many holes that we first thought and feared. Maybe we can get by without the need for a top 5 pick.

The RB group looks like we can work with them at least. Same as the WR core. OL still needs some work, but if we can get a LT in the draft (I want Darrisaw) further down the 1st round, and move Moses back to RT, it doesn't seem so bad if we can retain Scherff. TE, I'm pleasantly surprised by Logan Thomas so far. QB is a question mark of course, but we're WFT. We will always question our QBs to the end of time.

Defense: DL is great. Secondary might need some tweaking, especially at both safety spots. But we can work on that in free agency and the later rounds in the draft. As this year has shown, our DBs dont have to be absolutely perfect with our DL generating pressure. Linebackers are also a bit of a worry. But overall, thats not nearly the amount of holes that we started the season out with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->