OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 12: Tank Commanders Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Yeah, nice drive no doubt. But can't help notice that Allen is very slow to throw the ball. By the time he throws, corner has already reduced the gap between him and receiver.

Oh yeah no doubt. Everything about Allen screams slow, even his windup. But as this is an evaluation year, if he shows more of this then maybe he can be a decent backup.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
The failure rate of QBs taken in the first round of the draft says otherwise. Those guys tend to get rushed in with minimal development, and it's the group that fails the most despite having the most talent. It's the QBs who aren't rushed who tend to succeed at a higher rate.

This was one of the worst possible destinations for someone like Haskins. I've been adamant about this since he was picked.

That data is misleading because of the teams they get drafted by. If you can have a QB sit it’s a later pick and the team is more established and run better. A rookie thrown into a starting spot is usually a crappy team and crappy coaches. That hurts development more than getting game snaps. Don’t forget Haskins didn’t start right away either.

What was the difference between Rosen and Murray in Arizona? One was a fraud and one wasn’t. Rosen wouldn’t have develped into a stud if he wouldn’t have started for two years. The player and coaches/team is what effects the development more than what year you get your first game snaps.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That data is misleading because of the teams they get drafted by. If you can have a QB sit it’s a later pick and the team is more established and run better. A rookie thrown into a starting spot is usually a crappy team and crappy coaches. That hurts development more than getting game snaps. Don’t forget Haskins didn’t start right away either.

What was the difference between Rosen and Murray in Arizona? One was a fraud and one wasn’t. Rosen wouldn’t have develped into a stud if he wouldn’t have started for two years. The player and coaches/team is what effects the development more than what year you get your first game snaps.

You're accidentally arguing in favor of my assertion.

I asserted that a QB being able to sit and learn is better than rushing them in. You're arguing the same thing.

Letting a QB have time to develop flat-out gives them the highest chance of success. Rushing them in before they're ready maximizes the chances of failure.

Sep 19, 2008
This game is somewhat close but making me a bit sleepy

Just slow drawn out football

That Giants drive was 14 plays and took like 13 minutes

Reactions: tenken00

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Not good. I like the enthusiasm, but don't blow this chance to give the Giants a win here. Remember this is the game that gave us Chase Young last year.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
You're accidentally arguing in favor of my assertion.

I asserted that a QB being able to sit and learn is better than rushing them in. You're arguing the same thing.

Letting a QB have time to develop flat-out gives them the highest chance of success. Rushing them in before they're ready maximizes the chances of failure.

no I’m arguing it has more to do with the coaches and team they are with. It looks like sitting is good for them because established teams will more often draft a QB later and let him sit behind a starter. Crappy teams are usually in need of a starter immediately.

We won’t agree on this, but I think we can agree if Haskins was ever going to develop into a starter it wasn’t going to be here. We suck and he just is t good enough to carry a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad