OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 12: Tank Commanders Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Allen averaged over 2 INTs a game and took 35 sacks in 7 or 8 games the second half of last year. Had no idea on any read, he just ran around until he got sacked or chucked it into double or triple coverage. It’s troubling that Ron thinks he gives them the best chance to win but I’m sure others will tell me how Haskins is a worse option.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Haskins sitting, learning, and taking practice reps was always the ideal course.

Him returning to that course in the manner we've pursued is not ideal and probably ensures if he isn't ruined any has the means to develop into an NFL QB, it's happening anywhere else.

how is not getting NFL game live reps ideal?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Allen averaged over 2 INTs a game and took 35 sacks in 7 or 8 games the second half of last year. Had no idea on any read, he just ran around until he got sacked or chucked it into double or triple coverage. It’s troubling that Ron thinks he gives them the best chance to win but I’m sure others will tell me how Haskins is a worse option.

Strong "John Beck Moment" vibes.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I think the most damning thing I can say about this team is that I actually wish I were a Bengals fan.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Chase Young so far is not as advertised. He was absolutely manhandled, thrown to the ground on that 3rd down, not doubled, not cut blocked. Reminds me a little bit of Lavar Arrington in that regard. Yes he’s had a few nice plays but nowhere near the impact of, say, the Bosas at this juncture in their careers.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
how is not getting NFL game live reps ideal?

Because QBs who aren't ready for live NFL game reps get ruined by them, especially on a bad team. They're overwhelmed and all they develop are various bad habits while frantically trying to survive and make sense of what they're seeing.

Think of Cousins. If we'd started that guy two years in a row off the bat he wouldn't be playing right now. His career would be ended. He had ample time to develop and learn how to keep up and turned into a QB. Jackson up in Baltimore is the same way. He sucked at first.

Haskins is a hell of a lot closer to a Cousins-style project than anything else.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Allen already has found what gave Haskins the little success that he had. Just get the ball to McLaurin.

8/12 94 yds 1 Int.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Daniel Jones is 3-14 as a starter and two of those wins are against Washington... did I hear that right? Woof.

27962097.gif

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I mean.. this team had 3 wins total last year and this year is supposed to be an evaluation year. 3 wins total. I dont know what we are expecting.

3. Wins. Total.

Just because the division is putrid doesn't mean we should try to be king of the shits. Gotta let it run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad