OT: Washington Football Team 2020 Season Thread 12: Tank Commanders Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Because QBs who aren't ready for live NFL game reps get ruined by them, especially on a bad team. They're overwhelmed and all they develop are various bad habits while frantically trying to survive and make sense of what they're seeing.

Think of Cousins. If we'd started that guy two years in a row off the bat he wouldn't be playing right now. His career would be ended. He had ample time to develop and learn how to keep up and turned into a QB. Jackson up in Baltimore is the same way. He sucked at first.

Haskins is a hell of a lot closer to a Cousins-style project than anything else.
I don’t agree with this. A project taking reps behind a starter is good because you have a starter to win games and can work on things with the next QB without having mistakes happen in a meaningful game. I don’t think it ruins or stunts growth at all. This is the NFL, not some little league. If taking lumps with a bad team hurts your growth your not the guy to begin with.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don’t agree with this. A project taking reps behind a starter is good because you have a starter to win games and can work on things with the next QB without having mistakes happen in a meaningful game. I don’t think it ruins or stunts growth at all. This is the NFL, not some little league. If taking lumps with a bad team hurts your growth your not the guy to begin with.

The failure rate of QBs taken in the first round of the draft says otherwise. Those guys tend to get rushed in with minimal development, and it's the group that fails the most despite having the most talent. It's the QBs who aren't rushed who tend to succeed at a higher rate.

This was one of the worst possible destinations for someone like Haskins. I've been adamant about this since he was picked.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I like the call to decline and go for it. At this point its a why not decision. Even if it fails, gives this offense a meaningful moment. And if it succeeds gives the offense a feel good boost about themselves.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I understand the frustration, I am frustrated myself, but keep in mind RR is trying to erase the shit culture Bruce created. A culture that after 10 years is fully entrenched throughout the organization. Then add the obvious lack of talent on the roster at multiple positions and we have what we are witnessing right now in NY. A total shit show.

It’s going to take more than 5 games for RR to turn it around. More like 2-3 seasons. Give the man a chance.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I will now eat my ration of shit for questioning the decision on taking the penalty on the punt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad