OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 3 - Commander Carson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Howell needs to get through his reads quicker. A couple times he threw into double coverage with an open WR somewhere else.

That said, his offensive line was trash and his receivers we either covered or dropping balls.

Too early to evaluate.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Howell needs to get through his reads quicker. A couple times he threw into double coverage with an open WR somewhere else.

That said, his offensive line was trash and his receivers we either covered or dropping balls.

Too early to evaluate.
I think with receivers he doesn’t know well it can be hard to know when to ditch the first read and move on to the second. That said he did stare down his first read a bit too much. Also would like to see him keep his head up after ducking the first rusher. He definitely needs some polish but there’s a lot to work with.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Howell's better than Haskins, right? He's athletic and it really helps when things predictably go to shit around him. There are flashes of something and not many killer bad plays. Beyond that, who knows.

Watching Hard Knocks I like the vibe that Detroit team has going. I don't know if they'll be any good but Hutchinson looks like he could be a beast. They've got an intensity about them. Whereas the 'Ders seem pretty boring outwardly. They're more stable recently I guess but pretty bland.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I disagree. I like what I’m seeing for a 21 year-old kid. Strong arm, mobile, accurate (for the most part), and has some poise under pressure.

I didn't see every play but from what I've seen he just folds in the pocket too quickly and hucks it into coverage too often. He got lucky on a few plays because the DBs were 3rd string or worse.

Maybe that was the gameplan with a shitty line in front of him but he doesn't seem to read the defense and takes off too soon.

I just didn't like the decision making. Physical skills are usually a given at this level.

Maybe he can get better but I don't see a budding superstar so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad