GDT: wascar

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
That was hands down our most complete game of the season. I really can't think of anything we can improve on from that effort. But you have to prepare for their response because you know it's coming.

The Caps walked into a hornet's nest (sorry Charlotte) and were probably surprised by what awaited them. You can only ambush a team like that once in a series; you can bet your bottom dollar they'll be ready for it in Game 4. I would imagine Washington takes the extra day of practice to work on breakouts and puck possession because they simply could not establish control of the puck.

We needed to make a statement, and now they do. They're going to come out and try to get on the board early to take the crowd out of it. They're also going to hit everything that moves because they'll want to tell us that we can't push them around like that. Last night was cathartic, but we can't let it lead to an emotional letdown. If it does, we're going to get completely buried.

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
Something i noticed about foegele was he was splitting on the D on a regular basis but nobody would pass to him last night(i mean yeah they did pass to him a LOT but he had a lot more chances to get a breakaway. Person i noticed the most missing it was Mcginn). If you go back and look at the play where he fell down on the ice, you would see he had the D split and was waiting for a pass. Foegele is a guy who has looked so SO great these last 15 games and everyone can see why after that game.

Hamilton played like a savage last night, all over the ice, played forward a good bit with us down a couple forwards also. Was plesantly suprised about that. That PP Unit was a beast also, why don't that play that unit all the time i mean GOD. All Aho Faulk Tuevo do is look for the pass and none of them shoot and get infront of the goalie and its pathetic. That is how you work a PP

Wallmark has been one of our best players the entire series IMO, but the way we played last night he was invisible really because the way we dominated them he didn't shine at his great defensive ability. Not a knock on him, he still played great and wasn't invisible entirely, he made some great plays and a few hits but other than that he didn't do anything else.

Even tho Mcginn scored a goal, he didn't play like he deserved it IMO. He missed so many passing opprotunites it was so bad.

Playoff Jordan is Best Jordan don't @ me

Mrazek played a great game, seeing 18 shots in the entire game but sitting there acting like he was going to kill oven chicken, that was the best part of the game. I would have killed to see Mrazek do a Price on Kreider just flat out killing him behind the net.

Even through that beat through the guy the Caps aquired from detroit on defense looked pretty good.

Wilson wasn't even the dirtiest player for the caps tonight. i was honestly shocked by who i thought it was, It was a close race between Chicken and Orprick but i gotta go with Chicken.

Orprick, f*** him. that is all i gotta say.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Game 1 was over 1000 as well.

kHFj6BZ.gif

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I've never been so emotionally bothered something before, maybe Cole, but being younger I didn't appreciate the gravity of it at the time. It felt like watching my own kid get laid out like that, I was sick to my stomach. With as absolutely incredible as it was to be there and witness a complete f***ing trucking, it took away from it all a bit. I really hope we hear some positive news soon.

I grew up on stories of the BSBs and going to games at the Spectrum - I'm done with fighting.

Another note, I'm digging the in arena music. Blasting LMFAO Shots was hilarious.

I GOT ACCESS TO THE FSCR REPLAY AND IM ONLY 9/10 ham slammed but thats the best time right?!

I want to hear Forslund call this

That is the one thing I miss about going to games. I might be hitting that age of being the guy with some earbuds in. I looked up and saw John in the booth fist pumping like a maniac in the third, I bet the calls were great.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I think Dougie really likes it here. He always seems to be having fun on the ice, in the locker room, etc. After he scored the first goal he was spinning an imaginary towel.

Obviously I dont know him personally so it's just speculation on my part.

That's my view also.

As long as the team doesn't shit the bed in the next two years, I think he signs a new deal here when his current one is up.

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
Alas, I was left with watching the NBC coverage last night and Pierre was even worse than normal I thought. I seriously would have paid money to have the ability to mute his input.

Loved the statement game! Regardless of how the rest of the series goes, I am thrilled the team/fans got to share that impressive game together last night. Playoff hockey at PNC had been missing for far too long.

They showed Bettman sitting in the lower level last night. Anyone know if Dundon was there? Seems like that would have been something he should have experienced. I sincerely hope this season has made him a believer and he puts out the $$$ to give this team the tools it needs for continued success.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If I was a Caps fan right now, I'd be worried about the rest of this series.

The Canes have outplayed the Caps in probably 7 of the 10 periods this series. They are thoroughly dominating play 5v5 and it all came to a head last night. The one advantage the Caps had is their PP was lethal and the Canes were struggling badly on their own. Well, the Canes look like they are beginning to figure out how to neutralize their PP attack, and their own has come to life.

The Caps defense looks awful, to be honest. When we get our forecheck going, they don't have an answer, and its been consistent for 3 games now. Last night the dam finally burst, and things could get very interesting going forward.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I think Dougie really likes it here. He always seems to be having fun on the ice, in the locker room, etc. After he scored the first goal he was spinning an imaginary towel.

First time I've ever been in the fan tunnel was last night before the 3rd. Everyone looked very hyped, except for Hamilton who looked like someone just ran over his dog. It was weird at the time, but a bit touching knowing afterwards that he said Svech was on his mind the whole game.

They will discover, much to their surprise, that they cannot take the crowd out of it.

Best part of last night's game was that there was fewer opposing fans than I have ever seen. Maybe 1 in 20 in a Caps, many of them with a group dressed in Canes gear.

Playoffs came to Raleigh and the people of Raleigh filled the building on the first night. I fully expected half Capitals fans. Really proud of the fans.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Hamilton's wizardry on the PP was truly a sight to behold. If that's him distracted worrying about his friend let's keep him distracted more often. The only reason I can think of that they keep sending the other unit out there is it has the (on paper) stronger forwards. But didn't brind'amour say something post-game about how he doesn't think of the second pp unit as a "number two" or something like that? If the canes special teams are truly awake that will be a huge turning point.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Hamilton's wizardry on the PP was truly a sight to behold. If that's him distracted worrying about his friend let's keep him distracted more often. The only reason I can think of that they keep sending the other unit out there is it has the (on paper) stronger forwards. But didn't brind'amour say something post-game about how he doesn't think of the second pp unit as a "number two" or something like that? If the canes special teams are truly awake that will be a huge turning point.

It also had Foegele who was like a Tasmanian devil last night. He was a big reason for both of Dougie's goals. 1st he got right in front, battled the defenseman and completely took away Holtby's sight line. Holtby didn't have a chance. 2nd, he retrieved the puck and got it to the defense getting an assist.

FaulkYouAho

ferla memes
Sep 14, 2015
North Carolina
First time I've ever been in the fan tunnel was last night before the 3rd. Everyone looked very hyped, except for Hamilton who looked like someone just ran over his dog. It was weird at the time, but a bit touching knowing afterwards that he said Svech was on his mind the whole game.
Sweet being in the fan tunnel! also i would look like that if someone took out my best friend. except with more anger in my eyes

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009

Hearing Dougie's post game interview, man, he was devastated about Svech.

On other hand, no doubt he enjoy playing here. Tailgating with the fans, always smiling.

Really impressed with him. Hamilton >>> Hanifin.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Jouni Nieminen, popular finnish hockey expert and blogger writes "Svechnikov's first playoff spring is over".

This worries me a little bit. Is it just his opinion how these thinga usually end up or does he know something?

I want news so badly. Be it positive or negative, I just want to know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad