GDT: wascar

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

First off, love having a Governor like Cooper who is invested in the team. He is a fan like us but he also understands that when the team does well, businesses like restaurants, bars, and hotels among other things that cater to us as fans do better economically.

Kyle Bailey is a Charlotte sports radio guy, does work for the Panthers and Hornets. It's awesome to see people in Charlotte start to take notice in this team again, having the Checkers as an affiliate and their success this season has been awesome as well.

It's awesome to have a team that is being taken more seriously both locally, regionally, and nationally. It helps give outsiders a view at the tailgating, the noise in the building, and greeting the team at the airport and lets them know that we love the team and always have, we just needed a reason to love them again.

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Just got back...

I have a fair amount of love and respect for Ovechkin, but that was some sucker s**t. Why drop gloves against a rookie?

On gang, I think we can definitely win this series. I think Washington realized after game 1 that they weren’t going to bully us, and we look like we have an extra gear that they don’t. I think we’re at the point in the series where that slick crap they do isn’t going to be enough, and they’re going to have to outwork us to win games.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Nice to see the Charlotte area recognition. I’m starting to see more Hurricanes stickers on cars or license plates for sure around here. It has always completely astounded and severely frustrated me that the Canes marketing dept completely ignores the western part of NC along with every other part of NC outside of the Triangle. They really have something this year and it’d be nice to actually see them loop in more NC support.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I mostly agree with this the skill on the first looks for the perfect shot or they take a bad long one w/o a guy in front of the goalie.
The second partly due to our rover... (Hamilton) take shots and tries to face guard the goalie. Goalies that see nothing but jewels or butts (Or thighs) don't make as many saves..

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Hey if you guys use social media, make sure to show some love to Andrei. Brutal night on multiple levels --although I'm sure the win helps his spirits ;)

I'm not sure what the Ferland's status is? but i'll be sending up some prayers for him too.
Ferland is perpetuinjured.

Svech knows we love him, even more so now that he showed he won't take shit no matter the cost. He'll be back eventually, stronger than ever.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Also: that was a perfectly fair fight.

It's also the perfect example of why it should be banned from the sport. We know too much about traumatic brain injury. We've already taken head shots out of the game, but we tell ourselves that fighting is still ok? Even though guys like Probert and Boogaard and Montador have all died young as a result of fighting? It's toxic masculinity bullshit. Enough is enough.

Last edited:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

It's also the perfect example of why it should be banned from the sport. We know too much about traumatic brain injury. We've already taken head shots out of the game, guys like Probert and Boogaard and Montador have all died young as a result of fighting. It's toxic masculinity bull****. Enough is enough.
I pretty much grew up loving hockey because of things like fighting. But I'm starting to agree with you. What happened to Svech was hard to watch. Unfortunately, it will probably take a guy going braindead, paralyzing himself, or dying to changes things.

But as much as I was joking about Bettman being annoyed at the game earlier, I have to think he didn't really enjoy what happened to Svech. He definitely has to be concerned seeing what happened to a future superstar player in Svechnikov.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I'd like to think Ferland has cost himself some money with his no-show down the stretch and into the playoffs. But the truth is, somebody is going to give him what he wants. I'm just glad it's obviously not going to be us. You can tell Roddy is fed up with him.

It would be wild if Svech's injury opened the door for Saarela. I know Necas is the obvious guy, but we lost two LWs in Game 3 and that's the one forward position Necas *doesn't* play. With Charlotte not starting the post-season until Saturday, there's no reason we can't recall Saarela, Necas and anyone else for the next few days.

Good job to those who attended tonight. Great form, and a great win. I have no idea what happens from here -- we're losing the war of attrition pretty badly -- but at least we had the Devils game and tonight's game. Those are two for the time capsule

I was initially bummed by the two-day break between games, but now it could be a blessing.

Oh, and don't get me started on Dougie Hamilton on the power play, even though he's "not that kind of player."

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North
PNC was so loud tonight my ears were ringing as I walked out of the building. This was possibly the most dominant game I have seen the Canes play. The 5-6 minute stretch in the 3rd period was beyond amazing. The Caps players were literally fighting for their lives as the Canes pounded away at will. I think Saarela and Bishop need to be called up from Charlotte.
Oh, and one more thing, dear Washington Capitals, WELCOME TO MAYBERRY!!!

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Nice to see the Charlotte area recognition. I’m starting to see more Hurricanes stickers on cars or license plates for sure around here. It has always completely astounded and severely frustrated me that the Canes marketing dept completely ignores the western part of NC along with every other part of NC outside of the Triangle. They really have something this year and it’d be nice to actually see them loop in more NC support.
For a team named CAROLINA Hurricanes, how they ignore the rest of the Carolinas is puzzling. Granted, we've had a tough go of it as a franchise for awhile now, and they need to get as many of the Raleigh/Durham fans out to games as possible before anyone else, but even during good times they've ignored everyone else. It only bothers me because I want to see more Canes fans throughout the Carolinas. But if they win, the hockey fans here that aren't on another bandwagon will come.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I can’t imagine having a day or two to come down from the emotion and thinking Ovechkin did anything wrong. Like Hank said, it was a perfectly fair fight. Don’t want to get knocked out, don’t ask Ovechkin to fight you. Hopefully he’ll be able to play next game.
I've been saying there's nothing wrong with the fight. I mean as soon as the fight happened and Tripp was acting like Ovechkin pounded Svech's head through the ice.

The main thing most consider wrong is that Ovechkin usually fights no one, and picked his spot and almost literally put his face next to the definition of "spotpicker" in the hockey dictionary. It's hard to disagree with that.

But I agree while fighting he did nothing wrong. In fact, like I said previously in the thread, him holding onto Svech while he was falling probably helped more than it hurt like some here were saying.

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
So, just checked my mail and I got my Svech autographed puck today. I can't decide if this is hilarious or not.

FlawedSoggyIndianpalmsquirrel-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: DaveG

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009

It's also the perfect example of why it should be banned from the sport. We know too much about traumatic brain injury. We've already taken head shots out of the game, but we tell ourselves that fighting is still ok? Even though guys like Probert and Boogaard and Montador have all died young as a result of fighting? It's toxic masculinity bull****. Enough is enough.

The weird thing about it is that OV was shook. Other than breaking his own hand that’s the last thing in the world he wanted to happen to the guy that’s next in line. He was relishing giving him shit but he didn’t want that. Hell hes only been in 4 fights he probably didn’t realize he was capable of knocking the kid out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad