GDT: wascar

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Cut to the offseason montage where Svech spends 50% of his days with a boxing coach, marking off days until the next Capitals game.

Set to John Cafferty's "Hearts on Fire" to drive the point home.

I have hope that Svech will be OK for October. Lots of time to let him rest up and recover fully from the concussion and get whatever he needs dealt with in terms of dental surgery after that. And don't put him on narcotics until the concussion protocol is complete! I don't think it's a long-term risk, but narcotics can screw with the concussion protocol testing.

BTW, bigredmachine: women's soccer is now the #2 sport in HS concussion incidence rate behind only football. Which Youth Sports Cause the Most Concussions?

Reactions: Tryamw

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
You can learn how to defend your face from direct hits. He would have still been beat - and still should have not dropped the gloves against someone that much bigger than him, but it would have been different

Maybe, maybe not. I think that's an overly simplistic view because on ice fights aren't some choreographed thing where if you "do this, you won't get hit in the face". Jesse Boulerice fought countless times and still got knocked out by Downey. Boxers get trained all the time how to defend a face from a direct hit, yet they still get hit directly in the face.

Highway29

Don dun well?
Mar 20, 2013
Watched the game this morning. Just finished reading this thread.

Amazing game. Amazing crowd. Hated to see what happened to Svech. Don't really care about anything else than that he'll be fine and able to play hockey someday whenever that day comes.

And also what a great thread to read through!

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Wish we had real word on Svech. Did he really lose 4 teeth? We don't even have anyone left who can take runs at Ovie.

Maenalanen has been the nastiest Canes player this year. Running Ovi is a fruitless endeavor anyway, he is a hulking monster. Just wear down the likes of Backstrom and Kuznetsov with constant big hits. More likely to be effective.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Aho looked somewhat back last night. He made some cuts that I have not seen him make since his knee to knee with NN

Yeah he had a rush I forget when but it looked like the Aho of Jan and Feb with how he was re-loading from his own blueline and just achieving "Mackinnon-esque" speed. Hopefully another two days off can help build on that progress.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Alexandr Ovetshkin beat a young Russian boy in an insidious rage - "Hopefully he's fine"

Alexander Ovetshkin knocked down Andrei Svetshnikov. (PHOTO: GRANT HALVERSON / AFP / LEHTIKUVA)
Published: 16.4. 17:49
Jaa16Twiittaa

NHL Aleksandr Ovetshkin had killed the last time nine years ago.
Many people rubbed their eyes on Finnish time early on Tuesday morning when they were watching the third match between the Carolina Hurricanes and Washington Capitals.
Capitals captain, Russian star Aleksandr Ovetshkin dropped his gloves for the fourth time in his NHL career and for the first time since 2010.
Unexpectedly, the superstar star of honor was Andrei Svetshnikov, a 19-year-old russian newcomer to Hurricanes, with whom Ovetshkin had had a small torque in earlier games.
The killing was a very one-sided show.
ADVERTISEMENT (TEXT CONTINUED)
ADJUSTING FINISHED
Ovetshkin, who weighed more than 20 kilos Svetshnikov, began to slander a young man in rage, and the track was ugly.
Ovetshkin quickly knocked out his opponents, and the confused Russian boy who hit the ice with his head was put into the locker room a moment later.
Svetshnikov's courage could give Caroline extra power, as the match ended with a stunning 5–0 victory. At the time of the killing, the situation was only 1–0. With victory, Carolina reduced the match to 1-2.
After the game, NHL's eightfold painter was worried about the strength of his opponent.
- I hope he's okay, Ovetshkin said.
ADJUSTING FINISHED
- I'm not a hardworking fighter. He asked me to go. I replied that we were going. Hope he's okay. I don't want to see the guy hurt himself or herself.
Video of Fighting:
If the video does not appear, see it here.
Svetshnikov did not return to the trough after the fight. However, according to the spirit of the playoffs, his strength was not shaken by any information after the match. Svetshnikov was reportedly suffering from an upper torso injury.
Carolina's head coach Rod Brind'Amour commented on Sportsnet.
- Svetshnikov has played 90 games and has not been killed in his life. I'm pretty sure that Ovie knew this.
- Ovie said our guy challenged him. If so, the situation is different. However, the video shows that Ovie would sweat her a couple of times. Then Svech gave it back. I don't know if there was a change of word, but Ovie was the guy who first dropped his glove, Brind'Amour said.
On Tuesday morning, Brind'Amour reported that Svetshnikov had been taken to the hospital for control after a fight, as is the case with a possible concussion procedure. However, according to him, the attacker seems to be in good shape, but with the return is not in a hurry.
Born in 2000, Svetshnikov was reserved for the NHL as the second player in the draft last summer.
ADJUSTING FINISHED
According to Sportsnet, he had been able to meet his admired Ovetshkin a year ago, when Capitals was finally chasing his Stanley Cup.
- It is an honor to meet him, Svetshnikov said at the time.
Now the twin spacing didn't seem very warm anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad