GDT: WAIT...THERE'S ANOTHER GAME? CAR @ OTT

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Where was this when they were in a playoff spot? ****ing hell :pullhair:

There's no doubt in my mind that our team got a bit stale around January, mostly due to the collapse of Scott Darling. There is also no doubt we could have benefited from some fresh bodies. It's almost like an entirely new team.

Look at Columbus. They were right there with us, stumbling through a very pedestrian season. They added three guys at the deadline -- who can hardly be called game-changers -- and they're about to head to the playoffs as one of the hottest teams in the league. You can't convince me Thomas Vanek, Ian Cole and Mark Letestu are the reason for their turnaround. Their GM did *something* and they responded. I still think the same thing could have happened for us if we had acted when it first became obvious the Darling situation was untenable.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
Sorry, cheering for losses just seems ridiculous to me. Especially considering they couldn't fall far enough to get in a good draft position and the draft position they could fight for has miniscule difference in odds.
They can easily fall to #6, which is better than #14 pick IMO and like that they get more lottery balls. I want them to lose to get better next year. I can see straight up useless run again without end result. Nothing changes, just years go by.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
They can easily fall to #6, which is better than #14 pick IMO and like that they get more lottery balls. I want them to lose to get better next year. I can see straight up useless run again without end result. Nothing changes, just years go by.

Losing now won't make them better next year. It may give them a better draft position, but the odds that the draft pick has a significant impact next year is so small it's not worth worrying about.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Greg millen and paul romanuk on CBC just said look out for the hurricanes next year.....

LOL.....

The hockey media has been saying this for about 3 years now.

Maybe if our new GM cuts ties with Darling/Peters and gets an actual goaltender who can make saves, and maybe get some scoring depth we can be in it to game #82?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad