GDT: WAIT...THERE'S ANOTHER GAME? CAR @ OTT

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
How THAT play wasn’t just blown dead, I will never know. I can’t think of a reason why that was an legal goal. There’s no way the ref saw it or knew where it was - therefore blow it dead. If you know he has it in his gear you blow it dead regardless because you don’t let play go on when a guy has the puck stuck in his gear.

Once you figure it out you missed it and should’ve blown it dead, you don’t say “oh well my bad” and give the other team a goal....

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
McGinn tagged up by a mile. It doesn’t matter if it goes in off side if everyone tags up before anyone enters the zone. They all held the line after it was flipped in until McGinn tagged. It wasn’t even close to offside.

I half wonder if Ottawa's coaching staff got so hung up on the question of whether McGinn was across the line when the puck entered that they forgot how the touch up rule worked. The puck can enter the zone before the offsides player touches up just so long as he touches up before anyone else enters the zone or touches the puck. McGinn was offside when the puck entered. But he didn't touch the puck, so he was still able to touch up and everyone entered onside.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
How THAT play wasn’t just blown dead, I will never know. I can’t think of a reason why that was an legal goal. There’s no way the ref saw it or knew where it was - therefore blow it dead. If you know he has it in his gear you blow it dead regardless because you don’t let play go on when a guy has the puck stuck in his gear.

Once you figure it out you missed it and should’ve blown it dead, you don’t say “oh well my bad” and give the other team a goal....

Yeah, that was in no way a valid goal. If a puck is unplayable, it's supposed to be blown dead. No ifs, ands, ors, or buts. And it is beyond dispute that that puck was unplayable. Those refs need to be disciplined, that was just an egregiously bad call.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Yeah, that was in no way a valid goal. If a puck is unplayable, it's supposed to be blown dead. No ifs, ands, ors, or buts. And it is beyond dispute that that puck was unplayable. Those refs need to be disciplined, that was just an egregiously bad call.
Did the ref make the call or did the situation room tell them to call it a goal?

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Did the ref make the call or did the situation room tell them to call it a goal?

Whistle should have been blown when Cam was still behind the net, and that's on the refs. Not sure I would blame the sit room- the play should have been blown dead, but it hadn't been blown dead, and they don't have that power as far as I know. All they can do is determine whether the puck crossed the line, the ref decides if the play is live or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad