W Nikita Kucherov (2011, 58th overall, Tampa Bay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
How did he looked?

he had another very good chance where Gusev set him up for a shot but failed to score, which resulted in a counter-attack and a goal for Riga. Gusev was the best player on the ice, imho he's better than Kucherov, and also Kucherov owes a lot of success to being on Gusev's line most of the time in the MHL.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
he had another very good chance where Gusev set him up for a shot but failed to score, which resulted in a counter-attack and a goal for Riga. Gusev was the best player on the ice, imho he's better than Kucherov, and also Kucherov owes a lot of success to being on Gusev's line most of the time in the MHL.

There wasn't any Gusev in U18 WC... I mean Grigorenko didn't look that great without him in Hlinka memorial...

Last edited:

Fulcrum

I hope they put up some highlights of the game on the site..

Really hoping Lyubimov, Kucherov, Gusev, Marchenko start out with the main-team this season. All eligible for WJC

Fulcrum

I know. But that wasn't the matter. The matter was Kucherov set a scoring record without Gusev. So he can play without him.

Well, you could say Kucherov had Grigorenko with him, and Yakupov. His game is largely based around combination game at the moment, and if he carries it over with his Red Army line-mates- he'll have a better season.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Well, you could say Kucherov had Grigorenko with him, and Yakupov. His game is largely based around combination game at the moment, and if he carries it over with his Red Army line-mates- he'll have a better season.

I could say that without Kucherov Grigorenko sucks. As we saw in Hlinka tournament...

Fulcrum

I could say that without Kucherov Grigorenko sucks. As we saw in Hlinka tournament...

You could say that, but no one will take you seriously. Especially, you know, those professional NHL scouts that expect him to go at least top 5 next year...

I suggest you don't say that. There are way more factors to Hlinka tournament than his linemates.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
You could say that, but no one will take you seriously. Especially, you know, those professional NHL scouts that expect him to go at least top 5 next year...

I suggest you don't say that. There are way more factors to Hlinka tournament than his linemates.

I have to think Kucherov would have been a top ten pick if he played in the CHL last year.

He may not be as good as Grigorenko, but his performance has put him up with other very good russian prospects like Tarasenko.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Those professional NHL scouts are such... scouts. Right now Kucherov is playing for a pro club in the world's second best hockey league. And will Grigorenko play even a single game in the NHL is a question without answer...

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL

Well the good news is, the Lightnings pipeline is filled with offensive talent. He will have guys there to feed him the puck. He is a prospect I'm really excited to see when he crosses the seas. The fact that he set a record last year gets me all giddy inside. I can't wait to see him live.

pouskin74*

Those professional NHL scouts are such... scouts. Right now Kucherov is playing for a pro club in the world's second best hockey league. And will Grigorenko play even a single game in the NHL is a question without answer...

Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me:)

kiluj

May 20, 2010
Samara, Russia
OK, let's talk about overrating (and underrating) of Russian prospects in NA and Russia.
IMO:
Kucherov - underrated in NA, OK in Russia.
Gusev - extremely underrated in NA, OK in Russia (maybe a little underrated).
Grigorenko - overrated in NA, OK in Russia.
Tarasenko - overrated (a little) in NA, OK in Russia.
Kuznetsov - OK in NA (maybe a little underrated), OK in Russia (maybe a little overrated).

Fulcrum

OK, let's talk about overrating (and underrating) of Russian prospects in NA and Russia.
IMO:
Kuznetsov - OK in NA (maybe a little underrated), OK in Russia (maybe a little overrated).

Gusev and Kucherov may correct their status after WJC. I can only imagine if they fully crack the main team roster, they'll have healthy does of confidence going into the juniors, along with Lyubimov.

AidanPhalen13*

IMO:

You dont think Grigorenko should be a top 5 pick? thats where hes being rated...

Fulcrum

You dont think Grigorenko should be a top 5 pick? thats where hes being rated...

I think he means Grigorenko being hyped for a 1st or 2nd. There's just a lot more uncertainties to Grigorenko than to Yakupov at this point. No one knows if he will take-in a new league well, at his fragile age. Not to mention that his game did largely depend on the most productive line in MHL.

kiluj

May 20, 2010
Samara, Russia
I don't know, why Grigorenko was rated so high. What did he do? Let's look at their stats:
Grigorenko:
regular season: 0.8 ppg, +10
play-off: 0.5 ppg, +4
Kucherov:
regular season: 1.41 ppg, +42
play-off: 1.3 ppg, +7
Gusev:
regular season: 1.55 ppg, +35
play-off: 1.69 ppg, +15

And Kucherov was drafted in 2nd round, Gusev was not even drafted:help:, and Grigorenko is top-5?

Eugene85

Jan 25, 2010
Russia
I don't know, why Grigorenko was rated so high. What did he do? Let's look at their stats:
Grigorenko:
regular season: 0.8 ppg, +10
play-off: 0.5 ppg, +4
Kucherov:
regular season: 1.41 ppg, +42
play-off: 1.3 ppg, +7
Gusev:
regular season: 1.55 ppg, +35
play-off: 1.69 ppg, +15

And Kucherov was drafted in 2nd round, Gusev was not even drafted:help:, and Grigorenko is top-5?
You really dont see difference?
1)Grigorenko is 1-2 years younger than Kucherov and Gusev.
2)That was the first Grigorenko's season in MHL.
3) There was only a couple of 1994 born players in MHL this year, and Grigorenko was absolutely the best among them.
4)More than half of the season in MHL he played on a line with Kamaev, that was Prokhorkin who played with Kucherov and Gusev mostly.
5)Every tournament he played last year with U-17 and U-18 teams he was among tournament's best players
Im a fan of Grigorenko, Kucherov and Gusev and I think the only reason Kucherov and Gusev are underrated in NA is the lack of information. They are well known in Russia, cause they play here but for NA fans the only source of information are international tournaments such as Hlinka, U18, U20. As far as I know Gusev didn't play a single game internationally this year or a year ago. Kucherov did, and he got some good press after U18 World championship. While Grigs has vast and successful international expirience. For example this is his third Hlinka tournament.
As for Hlinka games:
1)Grigorenko didn't have pre-season trainings with his team(Krasnaya armia) in Russia.
2)This Parfenov's team is a very defence-oriented team and its style differs from Rumyantsev's team style. They never scored many goals.
3)Hlinka tournament is not taken so serious in Russia as in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad