W Nikita Kucherov (2011, 58th overall, Tampa Bay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
Nikita Kucherov pretty unknown russian player for the 2011 draft. A small skilled winger with a good scoring touch. He is born 6/17 1993. Has impressiv 58 points in 41 games in MHL this season (for his young age), and he already debuted in KHL with 2 assist in 9 games. Last year he had better stats in MHL than Nail Yakupov and Aleksander Khokhlachev.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=77237

so do u think any team will take him in this year draft?

Fulcrum

SHHH!!! Him, along with Gusev and Grigorenko are our best kept secrets. Wouldn't want him coming to the NHL! :)

Somehow, I seriously doubt that he'll get drafter. Not to say that he isn't talented enough. His size and no indication whatsoever to play in NA will have a very dramatic effect. On top of that, he is already invited into CSKA regular team a few times. They give the prospects a lot of room and time to develop over there, so he/they wouldn't be as interested in coming over.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The MHL will produce a lot of talent in the years to come. And KHL will let them stay. In 10 years we are facing a new hockey world. With 2 big leagues and maybe some tremendous Super Series again(I hope so). For this genearation it's crossroards. They may go to the NHL or stay., depending on personal situation with playing time and so on. Right now the guys who go to NA(Burmistrov, Yakupov etc.) just wouldn't get a place on their teams in the KHL. Kuznetzov however and maybe Tarasenko too stay, because they are locks on their KHL-teams.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
The MHL will produce a lot of talent in the years to come. And KHL will let them stay. In 10 years we are facing a new hockey world. With 2 big leagues and maybe some tremendous Super Series again(I hope so). For this genearation it's crossroards. They may go to the NHL or stay., depending on personal situation with playing time and so on. Right now the guys who go to NA(Burmistrov, Yakupov etc.) just wouldn't get a place on their teams in the KHL. Kuznetzov however and maybe Tarasenko too stay, because they are locks on their KHL-teams.

Will stay 1 year, maybe 2 at max and then move to NA.

pouskin74*

they dont stay for long.

Fulcrum

That's totally fine that Kucherov and co. are underrated. Creates a bit of mistery in the world of hockey. Much like the Russian WJC team, which was completely underrated simply because the N.A. audience had no idea who these guys were, except the obvious few. We all know how that ended.. :)

Another great prospect to point out is Shmelev, very talented but also small. I think he was also leading in points on his team - Mytischi Atlant. He is 1993...

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Nikita Kucherov pretty unknown russian player for the 2011 draft. A small skilled winger with a good scoring touch. He is born 6/17 1993. Has impressiv 58 points in 41 games in MHL this season (for his young age), and he already debuted in KHL with 2 assist in 9 games. Last year he had better stats in MHL than Nail Yakupov and Aleksander Khokhlachev.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=77237

so do u think any team will take him in this year draft?

I dunno. Washington?

He reminds me of AlMo.

pmorris

May 24, 2008
NYC Area
I took notice of these really good stats a while back. Elite Prospects has him listed at 5'10 (small) and 148 (really small). But in the 7th round, I totally would take a flyer on this kid based on offensive skill. Heck, maybe he comes over and gives the NA game a shot.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It will depend on his attitude towards coming to N.A. obviously. If scouts approve, then he'll definitely go top 90 like Petrov and Grachev did.

DuckshaveaRPG

Mar 9, 2011
London
Nikita Kucherov

Nikita Kucherov hockeysfuture say

Kucherov is another player which isn't much known outside of Russia but can become a top level player in the next couple of years. He's had better numbers than Alexander Khokhlachev, who's having an excellent year in the OHL and is most likely going to be drafted high in June. Kucherov is a small-sized, prototypical Russian winger who is very technically sound, with great skating and a very large bag of tricks. He also has a good knack in sitting on the weak side during powerplays to wind up his excellent one-timer, a quality that will allow him to score plenty of goals at any level. The captain of his team, CSKA juniors in the Russian junior league, Kucherov is having a sensational season with 42 points in just 27 games, impressive numbers no matter the league. The left-handed right winger is also a very active player when the opposition retains the puck as he likes to forecheck and press the puck carrier. If he will put on some muscle, Kucherov might find himself in the NHL quicker than most could expect.

same as my other thread any more info on this guy could he by a great pickup in a later round ?

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
If there is an indication by Kucherov or his agents he will come over to North America, he could go as early as the 2nd round.

If not, or it's vague as to his interest to come over, he could go in the 4-7th. But I have to think a team will take a flyer on him in the middle rounds even without assurances he is coming to NA soon.

pouskin74*

Nikita Kucherov hockeysfuture say

Kucherov is another player which isn't much known outside of Russia but can become a top level player in the next couple of years. He's had better numbers than Alexander Khokhlachev, who's having an excellent year in the OHL and is most likely going to be drafted high in June. Kucherov is a small-sized, prototypical Russian winger who is very technically sound, with great skating and a very large bag of tricks. He also has a good knack in sitting on the weak side during powerplays to wind up his excellent one-timer, a quality that will allow him to score plenty of goals at any level. The captain of his team, CSKA juniors in the Russian junior league, Kucherov is having a sensational season with 42 points in just 27 games, impressive numbers no matter the league. The left-handed right winger is also a very active player when the opposition retains the puck as he likes to forecheck and press the puck carrier. If he will put on some muscle, Kucherov might find himself in the NHL quicker than most could expect.

same as my other thread any more info on this guy could he by a great pickup in a later round ?

6.0 and 165 isnt very small at all. i think he would be about 180-185 at age 19-20.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Here's what Corey Pronman had to say about his recent game at the U-18's.

While he isn’t a household name in the 2011 draft prospects world, make no mistake about the legitimate skill set winger Nikita Kucherov has. He is an above-average skater, with a solid shot and thinks the game very well. He’s got a slight frame, but his physical game is showing progression and the work towards that area is there and is apparent in his play. There is a legit argument (even if not a popular one) he is amongst the top 30 players in this draft class, but due to his nationality and the fact he is still in Russia I’d be surprised to see him go in the first. Kucherov could be a classic case of a top talent getting lost in an obscure league.

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=198

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I say a team gambles on him before the middle of round 4, if not sooner. Maybe even in the 2nd or 3rd.

Fulcrum

"Kucherov could be a classic case of a top talent getting lost in an obscure league. "

What do you think he means by that? I am not quiet sure what this statement means...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad