AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread: Now featuring Emil Larmi, Kasper Bjorkqvist and many more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I feel like I'm on Zohorna patrol here, but I watched a lot of him on Mladá Boleslav and Kometa Brno, so I guess I'm our man in Europe on him. Dude can absolutely motor for a big dude, the knock on for him in terms of translating his game to NA has been that he needs that extra half second on Czech ice to make things work, and he's not really a playmaker, per se. I think that even if the offense doesn't really click in the AHL, though, you could find a good spot for him on the bottom 6 as a utility guy who can play center/wing.

How's he looked in terms of physicality? That was one of his specialties in Brno-- he called himself "Erat's Bodyguard" for a bit.

Definitely not using his size like he did in that scouting report. Hershey actually roughed him up a few times last game but let's give it some time. So far more skill over brute though

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Definitely not using his size like he did in that scouting report. Hershey actually roughed him up a few times last game but let's give it some time. So far more skill over brute though

This, for sure. His skating has stood out the most, followed by his offensive skill. Has been useful on the PP, but I don't know if he has any PP points.

Reactions: steelcityassault

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

Part of that is probably adjusting to not only the NA game but the expectations of the coaching staff too. The Extraliga isn’t especially physical (not a lot of open ice hits either), and fighting is very rare, so he might be afraid of picking up penalties or the coaching staff wants him as a C which limits his forechecking and hitting.

Reactions: steelcityassault

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
This, for sure. His skating has stood out the most, followed by his offensive skill. Has been useful on the PP, but I don't know if he has any PP points.

Zohorna is definitely noticable in this game. It wasn't just his drive to the net to score the goal but he had 2-3 nice passes for great scoring chances. Really watching him closely because of how much he has improved overseas this year and his size and skating. Zohorna has the long pants Burke is looking for. Wouldn't mind him getting a shot on the Pens 4th line

Lee is also noticable with his skating being world's better than any other player on WBS. I think Lee has a shot to be an NHL defensman but boy are the Pens stocked in LD thanks to Rutherford. Since 2019 Rutherford has added Pettersson, Matheson, and POJ. So even if the Pens traded Dumoulin Lee has no opening to get a shot. It is nice to have him though because he looks legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad