AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread: Now featuring Emil Larmi, Kasper Bjorkqvist and many more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Bring that beast up

Another goal! Zohorna could be a nice long pants 4C for the Pens. Pens are set with Blueger proving to be a great 3C with 2C ability. Zohorna might be a nice 4C option if not later this season then next. Really had a nice season in Europe with over a point a game.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I wonder how good Zohorna is in the faceoff circle? Bigger men tend to have an advantage, but who knows how much experience he has taking them. We’re all aware that rookies tend to shit the bed in that category.

I wish him the best. The Pens could use a big body that will consistently go to the dirty areas of the ice.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005

I felt the same way after watching him. Of course I followed Zohorna this season in Europe which he made a big jump this year. Zohorna went from slightly under .5 points a game which was also a big jump from the year before and go him a contract to over a point a game this year.

Zohorna's size, speed, and skill point to a good shot to make the NHL. Zohorna had some really nice passes during that game tonight and I love how he drives to the net on both goals. Really think he could be our 4C now over Jankowski.

Reactions: tom_servo

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
He needs to play in the AHL for awhile to adjust to the game. He is big and has a reach that covers half the state. But he needs to get more physical and that is the biggest adjustment he needs to make. I really don't think he can play as physical as he needs to so I have to see that before I bring him up. Jankowski is here because of that very same issue. He simply doesn't bring the intensity to use his size to his advantage.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Reilly with a simple wrister from the blue line and it goes in.

My feed is now all messed up.

Guess I'm done watching for today?

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I switched to the Phantoms feed and I cannot stand their announcer. May just not watch at all. :laugh:

Lagace hurt on a shot. Collar bone? He's back in.

A bit of a comical, yet dangerous play. Lizotte went sliding across the ice to block a pass and then just completely wiped out someone's legs. Said player went flying into the boards. Obviously a penalty. And then Zohorna takes a stupid slash on the kill. [apparently that was Reilly who did the slash. this announcer keeps getting them mixed up] 5 on 3 now.

End of the 1st. Still 1-0. Still a 5 on 3, I think.

Start of the 2nd. 5 on 3 killed.

Looks like Robert-Zohorna-Drozg had a shift. Wonder if that's a thing now or if it was just a one shifter.

My friend just called and I missed the goal. Looks like Lizotte finally scored one.

Number 14 on the Phantoms just dangled the Pens and scored a nice one. 2-1 Pens.

Last edited:

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Watching Pouliot playing on the Lehigh Phantoms during this game just brings back bad memories. I thought for sure we traded for that pick because we saw Forsberg fall to that 8th spot. When they announced Derek Pouliot it was such a let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->