AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread: Now featuring Emil Larmi, Kasper Bjorkqvist and many more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I think this is putting a lot on Lee after 2 games and change. Rutherford has definitely been trying to add youth and has some success but that’s a lot to put on Lee and he’s 23, almost 24, ftr. Off to a promising start but it’s a miniscule sample size.

He had a nice camp and was a free asset. Will see how he progresses but I am not basing it off his first two games but off his work in college and his good camp also. I like his game and along with Pettersson, Marino, and POJ those are 4 nice adds to the defense.

Also I said they had been 22 or younger when we added them but I guess Lee just turned 23 the month before adding him. So I was off a month like that changes anything. I was off because when I researched soon to be college UFA's back then he was one of the ones I wanted and he was 22 at that time. I was very pumped to get Lee and O'Connor because they had been two of the ones I had on my wish list.

Rutherford added 4 prospect age defensman since 2019 that all look great and 3 have already helped the big club. I guess it is 5 counting Maniscalco but he hasn't shown the same progress yet but he still is young so I shouldn't count him out either.

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Zohorna looks better than I expected. Even though he was advertised as a wing it seems like they’re (non-sexually) grooming him to be a center.

Reactions: ownal

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
SYR has a player named Tkachuk but his name is spelled phonetically. It's bothering me.

MacPherson mishandled the puck. Probably should've scored there off a faceoff win from Drozg. (aka Janne Hockey)

Reactions: Tom Hanks

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Zohorna looks better than I expected. Even though he was advertised as a wing it seems lik
they’re (non-sexually) grooming him to be a center.

That would be nice if he could slip into that 4C spot in the future. Blueger looks like a very solid 3C and certainly can put up the points Bonino did with us and in my opinion more. It is not like we are strapping a Kessel on his line. If we gave Blueger the equivalent of Hagelin and Kessel I think he would be putting up some mighty nice numbers as a 3C. Although 7 points in 12 games certainly is good production as is.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Felix Robert has been a nuisance for SYR. Good for him.

WBS back to the PP? Yes.

Zohorna can move. That's great.

Not looking like they'll score on this PP. Wrong. They did. Kyle Olson? Reilly with a nice play/assist.

End of 2. WBS up 3 to 1.

Last edited:

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Felix Robert has been a nuisance for SYR. Good for him.

WBS back to the PP? Yes.

Zohorna can move. That's great.

Not looking like they'll score on this PP. Wrong. They did. Kyle Olson?

Was really happy with Zohorna's progress this season after scoring 10 goals and 22 points in 46 games which considered him a signable prospect last season to 12 goals and 22 points in 21 games this season. With his size at 6'6" 225 pounds I am glad he came over this season to the AHL. I think if Zohorna plays well he might even get a shot this season on the 4th line. Long pants!

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Cam Lee just got burned from the o-zone into the d-zone for a 2-on-1. But SYR couldn't do anything about it.

Some confusion in the WBS zone causes a similar goal to SYR's first. 3-2 WBS still.

Another d-zone breakdown and now it's tied at 3. Larmi didn't have a chance. Nice curl and drag from SYR though on that goal.

Reilly scores IMMEDIATELY. 4-3 Pens.

My god. SYR scores like a minute later. 4-4.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogthateats

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Someone left the left side of the ice to let SYR's leading scorer wide open. Tied at 4. :laugh:

Pens went to the PP and Bellerive scored. 5-4 WBS now. Robert was pesky on that second unit.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Bellerive more in the mold of Archibald or Wilson as opposed to Rust. Or even as opposed to Kuhnhackl. Still, I'd like to see him on the 4th line this season.

Gruden not nearly as noticeable as I was hoping.

SYR to the PP.

Reactions: dogthateats

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Bellerive more in the mold of Archibald or Wilson as opposed to Rust. Or even as opposed to Kuhnhackl. Still, I'd like to see him on the 4th line this season.

Gruden not nearly as noticeable as I was hoping.

SYR to the PP.

I had really high hopes for him being a middle 6 forward some day before the burns. Glad to see he is starting to get his game back and maybe has a shot at the NHL some day. I was ready to write him off after his previous couple years.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Lee doesn't mind blocking shots but my god they destroy him. :laugh:

Lee now to the locker-room.

Larmi just standing in the right spot to save a deflection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->