AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread: Now featuring Emil Larmi, Kasper Bjorkqvist and many more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Neither Larmi nor d’Orio are looking like they have any kind of hope of being NHL options. No biggie I guess since we gave up nothing for them but that’s all we got as far as goalies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Neither Larmi nor d’Orio are looking like they have any kind of hope of being NHL options. No biggie I guess since we gave up nothing for them but that’s all we got as far as goalies.

Eh, goalies are weird and they’re still pretty young, particularly D’Orio. Larmi is a small sample size and returning from injury and Jarry had some meh AHL seasons in his time down there. They should be restocking G prospects, though. It’s a volatile position and neither is some blue chipper that you bet on being much. It’s just not time to write off the 20 year old or the guy with 4 games.

Gustavsson isn’t doing well, so there’s that?

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I've noticed that Lizotte gets a lot of ice time, even in 3 on 3 OT. Just had a terrible giveaway in OT though.

Edit : LV scores and wins it 6-5 in OT

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
Eh, goalies are weird and they’re still pretty young, particularly D’Orio. Larmi is a small sample size and returning from injury and Jarry had some meh AHL seasons in his time down there. They should be restocking G prospects, though. It’s a volatile position and neither is some blue chipper that you bet on being much. It’s just not time to write off the 20 year old or the guy with 4 games.

Just checked his stats. A bit shocked how bad he’s been. I will never be comfortable to draft goalies with high picks, so torn on Askarov because I think he really has a chance to fall to us.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I feel like we need to update the names in the thread title to like.... Kevin Czuczman and Andrew Agozzino or something

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

Yeah that's surprising. He looked pretty legit, based on how he played in the SEL and WJCs.

Just checked his stats. A bit shocked how bad he’s been. I will never be comfortable to draft goalies with high picks, so torn on Askarov because I think he really has a chance to fall to us.

Seems like Russia's really churning them out lately. Probably the big risk with goalies is that there's not any in between like there is for skaters or D.. They either turn into a starter or nothing at all. Rarely do they even fall in the middle and become just back-ups, because nobody wants a young back-up that's prone to mistakes when you can sign a veteran guy that's got the mental side locked down and doesn't mind coming in cold. Plus goalies just take so long to develop. Askarov did look great at the U18s from what I recall, and he's still eligible for next year's.

Last edited:

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I feel like we need to update the names in the thread title to like.... Kevin Czuczman and Andrew Agozzino or something
Beside Miletic (who's been average compared to last year) and Almari, all of our youngsters down in WB have sucked.

Bellerive 4 pts (2+2) in 18 games
Angello 4 pts (4-0) in 21 games
POJ 1 pt (0-1) in 10 games
Bjorkvist 1 pt (1-0) in 6 games
Almeida 1 pt (1-0) in 7 games, also pointless in 2 ECHL games
Larmi 0.857 SV% and 4.52 GAA

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Yeah, I wouldn’t have expected that. He’s only 21 and their other goalie’s numbers aren’t much better but he was well thought of.

They’re the ultimate crapshoot. If he falls to them, I think something will have gone very wrong in his season or the Pens’. If he realistically fell to them, I’d be surprised if they took him given the goalie factor and Russian thing.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
888c890559544a0b3e4c2f42475a7ba4.png

HA! Did they give DiPauli's goal to Jamie Devane? And on the PP too. Heh. Good for him.
Agozzino with another great game.

Also quite positive most of the names you see above are better than ZAR.

Yea looks like it's obvious to stick with the Tokarski, CDS duo for Velluci.
You can catch the OT on Jason's twitter:
Jason Iacona (@nafsnep) | Twitter

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Beside Miletic (who's been average compared to last year) and Almari, all of our youngsters down in WB have sucked.

Yeah. Normally I go to a couple games a year and am excited to see the youngsters but this year... eeugh. Shame about Jordy. Wonder how much his burns are affecting his game

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Almari has been the best Dman in Wilkes so far. A favorite of mine and preached to little fanfare in the prospect rankings.

Some Dumo characteristics but I think Almari actually has a little offensive upside. If Almari and Marino progress as we hope, I think that would be a fantastic future pairing for the big club.

Reactions: steelcityassault

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah. Normally I go to a couple games a year and am excited to see the youngsters but this year... eeugh. Shame about Jordy. Wonder how much his burns are affecting his game

If Bellerive can stick as 3/4C there and get around .33 ppg, then I won't give up hope for him. He wouldn't be the first guy to go to WBS and play a heavily defensive role in his first year and work his way up from there. It's not as exciting as him going in there and lighting it up, but I think if he can cope with the AHL defensive work early, it might work out just as well. Obviously no way of knowing if that's what's actually happening.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I just realized Noesen(14) and Agozzino(10) make up 24 of W/B-S's 61 goals. That's 40%. No other player has more than 4 goals.

No wonder they won't give Noesen an nhl contract (where he would need to go through waivers). If they did that (and he was claimed) the baby pens offense would be decimated.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

5g 1a for Angello now. Hes heating up.

Now that Noesen is up.... He will prob be on first line with Aggozino and Militec.

I wouldn't read much into Bellerive's point totals . The fact they have him playing 3C down there....in that kind of role really shows they want that from him up in the NHL. Thats been the report for a few years now.

Almari doing fine in his first year , surrounded by not much talent in WBS either. Would be diff if they had Trotman and Ruh down there with Warsofsky. If anything you want a stonger blue line to help your forward prospects pan out.

Not sure why they arent adressing it. Go add a vet dman or two. All we need this year as future prospects on WBS is Almari and POJ. The rest should be vets who can help out our forwards.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Seems fine so far. Team just had a heck of a November losing only a couple games i think?
Without Noesen will be a bigger test...

You'd think they'd bring up Drozg, yeah?

Hes been more than fine in Wheeling. I get not wanting to rush too many 20 year olds so its fine Almeida is down there but they need to add some chemistry to the other 3 lines(top one did most of the heavy lifting so far).

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad