AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Wow, I still plan on watching WBS games this season, but man, talk about an uninspiring group.

Not a lot to get excited about there.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Wow, I still plan on watching WBS games this season, but man, talk about an uninspiring group.

Not a lot to get excited about there.

No home grown prospects on D/all career AHLers it looks like.

PAJEN NORDGREN

Jul 23, 2018
Stockholm
Wish Almari, Hallander, Bellerive, Bjorkvist, etc. were ready..

Not many guys with higher ceilings than fringe NHL players or career AHLers this season. At best one of the d-men could be our next Ruhwedel. But there are a few prospects I will be following closely.

Will ZAR start the season as a point per game player in WBS and evolve into a middle six producer in the NHL?
Could Johnson or DiPauli replace Hagelin next year?
Is Bluger our future fourth line or even third line center?
Is Ölund a better version of Oskar Sundqvist?
Can Miletic produce against men too?
Will Jarry take the next step on his route to a full time backup-role in NHL?
What will Lafferty and Angello make of their first year as pros?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Decent crop of forwards though. No future all-stars but a bunch of guys with the potential to be bottom-6 guys anywhere from like Rust to Kuhnhackl.

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
It will be an interesting opening night game for sure. Look to seeing whose building chemistry, who wears the C(has it been announced-might have missed that). Agree that we have some potential bottom 6 guys but more than likely career AHLers.

Reactions: PAJEN NORDGREN

PAJEN NORDGREN

Jul 23, 2018
Stockholm
It will be an interesting opening night game for sure. Look to seeing whose building chemistry, who wears the C(has it been announced-might have missed that). Agree that we have some potential bottom 6 guys but more than likely career AHLers.

Garrett Wilson was named captain today. Expected and good choice. Chris Summers will serve as the alternate captain, "with the third alternate captain's "A" being rotated throughout the season."

GARRETT WILSON NAMED PENGUINS CAPTAIN | Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins

Reactions: Southpaw123

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
Reactions: PAJEN NORDGREN

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
They still haven't updated the roster page on their site. It just has a 'Team Roster' heading and that's it. Slackers.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
So I guess Hirano didn't make it? I haven't seen anything about him.

ETA: I see he was sent to Wheeling. I knew he was on a tryout with WBS but I found out that he already had a contract with Wheeling.

Last edited:

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005

Prow again. I guess they were right, he did take a step.

Are we sure this is the same ZAR?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Caught some of the 3rd on and it was a fun watch.
Peters was good.
They peppered Hutchison with 43 shots.

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
What were people’s thoughts on players. Was at a family wedding didn’t see any of the game.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Kinda early to be looking at next year but the baby Pens are going to be loaded with prospects next season (or as early as this year’s playoffs). Lafferty, Olund, Miletic & Angello probably will return to the AHL, then there’s Bellerive, Almeida, Drozg, d’Orio, Almari, and possibly Hallander & Bjorkqvist.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
What were people’s thoughts on players. Was at a family wedding didn’t see any of the game.

The part of the game i watched everyone was playing pretty well. They have enough vet D and Peters was solid in net(Jarrs or DeSmith will be there as well) so they'll be a competitive group all year, imo. Bleuger, Wilson, Haggerty, Hayes are solid vets to lead the youngsters. Just too bad they lost Dea cuz he could've helped in that regard as well.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Watched WBS practice today in Pittsburgh.

ZAR ahead above everyone as expected.

Got a steal with Lafferty it looks like too. Puck protection is awesome

I think Peters will be an NHL goalie. Real solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad