AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Blueger also has 1 and Lafferty and Miletic got 2nd goals, 6-2 in the 3rd.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I kinda had Miletic pegged as an extra forward or possibly in Wheeling to start but seems like he’s shown to be higher on the depth chart than that.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I kinda had Miletic pegged as an extra forward or possibly in Wheeling to start but seems like he’s shown to be higher on the depth chart than that.

He was getting some good reviews in camp. I still have no idea what sort of player he projects to be because the descriptions are all over the map though.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
He was getting some good reviews in camp. I still have no idea what sort of player he projects to be because the descriptions are all over the map though.

He looks like a pocket sized power forward to me (I think 6' 196 lbs is small for a power forward?). He skates quick, he bangs around, and he's got the hands to make something of what he bangs loose. Maybe a Kunitz player in the future (if you're really lucky)?

Also Lafferty looks a lot more skilled at that level than he did in pre-season.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
He looks like a pocket sized power forward to me (I think 6' 196 lbs is small for a power forward?). He skates quick, he bangs around, and he's got the hands to make something of what he bangs loose. Maybe a Kunitz player in the future (if you're really lucky)?

Also Lafferty looks a lot more skilled at that level than he did in pre-season.

I thought you could see Lafferty’s skill on display in preseason, even if he wasn’t setting the world on fire.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
Lafferty is a very skilled forward. His numbers in college don't reflect that, but the poor guy was stuck on a terrible Brown team for 4 years. He still managed to be their leading scorer for the past 2 years.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I thought you could see Lafferty’s skill on display in preseason, even if he wasn’t setting the world on fire.

I didn't, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. Frankly I trust your eyes on those kids more than my own... although didn't you say Haggerty skated like Adams? He looked as quick enough out there.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I didn't, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. Frankly I trust your eyes on those kids more than my own... although didn't you say Haggerty skated like Adams? He looked as quick enough out there.

Ya I guess I didn’t make my joke obvious about Haggerty’s skating being the love child of Adams, Glass and Kuhn?

That’s an inside joke from a couple seasons ago when someone asked about him.

I don’t know what I think of Lafferty yet, but he was doing some encouraging things when I focused on him.

Angello as well.

Will take awhile to see what they have in these two though.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Ya I guess I didn’t make my joke obvious about Haggerty’s skating being the love child of Adams, Glass and Kuhn?

That’s an inside joke from a couple seasons ago when someone asked about him.

I don’t know what I think of Lafferty yet, but he was doing some encouraging things when I focused on him.

Angello as well.

Will take awhile to see what they have in these two though.

I mean, given the level of hyperbole that goes around these parts, it totally sounds like something someone would say seriously... so yeah, I thought you were serious :laugh:

I liked Angello. Don't know what his ceiling is, but he looks like he's a good 4th liner at least.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I liked a bit of what i seen in Lafferty in the rookie tourney+pre-season.
I could tell that he was very willing to mix it up physically a bit and the desire/want in his game was there.
He has some good tools too.
Like most of these guys you let em marinate and see what you get in a year or 2.

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
G.WilsonBluegerHaggerty
LaffertyAngelloHayes
MileticA.JohnsonDiPauli
HorvatOlundLindberg
JosephsBurtonMcGrath
Cramarossa
TrotmanSummers
O'NeillElliott
TaylorProw
SpinozziCzuczman
Jarry
Peters Muse
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Talk about an ECHL lineup... Lindberg, Muse, Joseph and Birks only ones with NHL-contracts. Most names I've never heard of, probably on AHL-tryouts I'd assume?

There's a few guys with a bit more to them - Erixon and Horvat have a lot of AHL games and I'm surprised neither got signed before going to WBS on tryouts, Peters was goaltender there. Also Taylor has a contract but Josephs doesn't.

But yeah, a lot of those guys are headed to the ECHL.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

I've updated the screen cap in the first post. It still clicks through to the Pens CapFriendly page.

EDIT:
I'll add a screen cap and/or link to the W-B/S page whenever they post their roster.

Last edited:

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
G.WilsonA.JohnsonHayes
Aston-ReeseLaffertyAngello
HaggertyBleugerDiPauli
JosephsÖlundMiletic
BrownLindbergMcGrath
Horvat
Cramarossa
TrotmanSummers