AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Prow cleared waivers, not unexpectedly. He might be a guy to watch this year. The brass said he turned a corner late last season.

Haggerty on the waivers clock.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
12 forwards
6 defenders
2 goalies

...I'm sick of looking at line combos

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone want to guess at possible line ups? Im sure Haggerty will clear too.
Glad you asked

Wilson – Blueger – Haggerty
Aston-Reese – Dea – Hayes
Johnson – Olund – Angello
DiPauli – Cramarossa – Lindberg
Miletic, Burton, Lafferty

Riikola – Trotman
Czuczman – Elliott
Summers – O’Neill
Taylor, Prow
Jarry / Muse

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Glad you asked

Wilson – Blueger – Haggerty
Aston-Reese – Dea – Hayes
Johnson – Olund – Angello
DiPauli – Cramarossa – Lindberg
Miletic, Burton, Lafferty

Riikola – Trotman
Czuczman – Elliott
Summers – O’Neill
Taylor, Prow
Jarry / Muse

That’s a pretty good lineup

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
That’s a pretty good lineup

Tim Erixon and Ryan Horvat invited to WBS camp. They could both make the team.

My line-up

ZARDeaHaggerty
CramarossaBluegerHayes
A.JohnsonAngelloG.Wilson
HorvatOlundDiPauli
MileticBurtonMcGrath
TrotmanRiikola
SummersElliott
O'NeillProw
TaylorErixon
Czuczman (hurt)
Jarry
Peters
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Lafferty, Josephs, Masonius, Birks in Wheeling

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
WBS looking stacked. I'll be disappointed if Lafferty, Angello and Ohlund don't see regular game time. Especially given Angello would be better off in college than the ECHL and Ohlund better off in SHL.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
WBS looking stacked. I'll be disappointed if Lafferty, Angello and Ohlund don't see regular game time. Especially given Angello would be better off in college than the ECHL and Ohlund better off in SHL.
Totally agree with you. The team has a lot of players. Wish some had stayed in college, especially Angello. Gotta wonder if they will terminate any contracts of late signees if there are younger guys worthy of a shot, or just be permanently scratched night after night.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I dunno man. It's gonna suck for whichever player could have made things happen with too much patience, but I'd rather have too much talent than too little, and I'm not sure Olund/Angello would have progressed much further where they were. They need to take the step up.

Also, some camp notes - CAMP NOTEBOOK - HAGGERTY, HIRANO HAVE NHL ASPIRATIONS

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I dunno man. It's gonna suck for whichever player could have made things happen with too much patience, but I'd rather have too much talent than too little, and I'm not sure Olund/Angello would have progressed much further where they were. They need to take the step up.

Also, some camp notes - CAMP NOTEBOOK - HAGGERTY, HIRANO HAVE NHL ASPIRATIONS

Neither really dominated the level they were at.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Neither really dominated the level they were at.

No, but I don't think they were about to either, particularly Angello. Both project as bottom 6 defensively reliable guys, lets get them defending against better players.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
With NCAA guys you'd then have to worry about them deciding to go UFA. They were smart to sign Angello and get him locked down. Making sure he's in the line up is a minor issue by comparison.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Damnit Shero go away. One the one hand, I really liked Dea. He was a goood soldier for WBS and seemed to genuinely like the organization and team. On the other hand, he absolutely deserves a shot in the NHL and he most likely wasn't going to get that here. Good luck JS!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
First i'm hearing of NJ claiming Dea.
Shero is such a tool.
I guess it's him and Fitzgerald now.

Figure they were looking to run atleast 2 vet C's in Bleugs and Dea and now thats gone.
Ah well, let's a young guy get more ice to potentially develop i suppose.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
They seem a bit weak at C now with Blueger, Olund then Cramarossa who’s probably more of a 4C at the AHL level. Or maybe they use Johnson or Angello at C.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
They seem a bit weak at C now with Blueger, Olund then Cramarossa who’s probably more of a 4C at the AHL level. Or maybe they use Johnson or Angello at C.

Isn't Cramarossa a winger? That's what I recall him being when he was in NHL and wasn't he winger last season in WBS too (with Burton centering 4th line)?

So the C depth should be along the lines of: Blueger, Ölund, Angello, Lafferty and Burton. I guess Cam Brown and Troy Josephs are centers as well?

So Dea being claimed opens a prime opportunity for atleast one of Ölund, Angello or Lafferty to quickly boost their status within organisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad