AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

DwGy2DFWkAETthT.jpg

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Damn Johnson had so many chances to win it hahahahah.

Jarry still looks uncomfortable, but did enough to win it.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Sounds like Peters stunk tonight in a 5-3 loss to MIL...
But Angello scored again and Blueger.

How they lined up:

DwLzR7KWoAAtpXB.jpg

Still no Militec/DiPauli.
Summers, also hurt and been out for a bit.

Reactions: EightyOne

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Blueger has scored 7+0 in last 10 games, which is his best 10 game stretch in goals this season. Man he's working his ass off (can I say ass in here?). The Trade Deadline is coming, good, very good.

Reactions: EightyOne

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Blueger has scored 7+0 in last 10 games, which is his best 10 game stretch in goals this season. Man he's working his ass off (can I say ass in here?). The Trade Deadline is coming, good, very good.

I can't see him being trading, he doesn't have a ton of value so I think Pens would be better off keeping him and seeing just what his upside is.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I can't see him being trading, he doesn't have a ton of value so I think Pens would be better off keeping him and seeing just what his upside is.

He doesn't have a ton of value, but we don't have a ton of valuable trade assets either so everything counts. I can see a team with a relatively bare bottom 6 and bad defensive record being interested in getting him alongside a pick for a rental.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I mean if Blueger is what makes or breaks a trade that somehow puts us over the top at the deadline you gotta go for it but we also need bottom 6 players for next year and having a bunch on ELCs with something to prove is good too.

Don’t even need to hand him anything.. let him battle it out with Dea, Lafferty, maybe even a camp invite for an NHL spot.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I mean if Blueger is what makes or breaks a trade that somehow puts us over the top at the deadline you gotta go for it but we also need bottom 6 players for next year and having a bunch on ELCs with something to prove is good too.

Don’t even need to hand him anything.. let him battle it out with Dea, Lafferty, maybe even a camp invite for an NHL spot.

Oh absolutely. Although I wouldn't be surprised if, like with Sundqvist, the Pens decide to cash in during the summer rather than risk him getting claimed on waivers. A strong AHL scorer with a rock solid defensive game and leadership qualities? That sounds like the sort of player that someone will want.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Yea, next season Cullen's done for sure and Grant may walk too. I doubt they'll be trading Blueger anytime soon.
Had my way, i get a rock solid 3C in, say good bye to the more expensive Sheahan. See if Grant will stay for cheap and rock Grant/Bleuger/Dea/Johnson/Lafferty etc. for C's/depth.
Deffo time to go cheap on the 4th line next season. Sheahan and his 2 point whatever Million can gtfo.

ETA:

Jake-Sid-Horny
Pearson/Simon-G-Phil/Rust
Simon/Pearson-New3C-Rust/Phil
Johnson-Blueger/Grant-ZAR/Dea(Grant or Dea may not be around but still...)

Angello/Lafferty/DiPauli(maybe)

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yea, next season Cullen's done for sure and Grant may walk too. I doubt they'll be trading Blueger anytime soon.
Had my way, i get a rock solid 3C in, say good bye to the more expensive Sheahan. See if Grant will stay for cheap and rock Grant/Bleuger/Dea/Johnson/Lafferty etc. for C's/depth.
Deffo time to go cheap on the 4th line next season. Sheahan and his 2 point whatever Million can gtfo.

ETA:

Jake-Sid-Horny
Pearson/Simon-G-Phil/Rust
Simon/Pearson-New3C-Rust/Phil
Johnson-Blueger/Grant-ZAR/Dea(Grant or Dea may not be around but still...)

Angello/Lafferty/DiPauli(maybe)

This is more of a salary cap thread thing by now but cheap doesn't necessarily equal WBSers. It offers them a chance, but there's enough Derek Grants in the league that Rutherford doesn't have to go that way if he doesn't want to.

Remember how Sundqvist played out - constantly held back due to vets coming in over his head and eventually traded so we could roll with Rowney and McKegg.

I don't think anyone should be surprised if Blueger isn't with the team next season. I'm not saying that's how its gonna play out, but there's similar enough scenarios in the past where it's gone that way to think it plausible.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He's only played 19 games this season.

I'd let the guy continue to play a boat load of games in the AHL, he's still young enough where you can let him stay there and if next season he's just not playing himself up to the NHL, peace out.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
He's only played 19 games this season.

I'd let the guy continue to play a boat load of games in the AHL, he's still young enough where you can let him stay there and if next season he's just not playing himself up to the NHL, peace out.

He may be stagnated a bit, though, by not playing behind a very structured team/not being tested by NHL teams.

As stupid as it sounds, he might be too good to play with "bad" players, lol.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He may be stagnated a bit, though, by not playing behind a very structured team/not being tested by NHL teams.

As stupid as it sounds, he might be too good to play with "bad" players, lol.
Yeah. I'm sort of torn with using him as trade bait to land a bigger fish in a package or hang on to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad