AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Saw 10 minutes or so of this. Blueger's pretty quick. If Johnson finished his breakaways he'd be an NHLer.
Blueger seems quicker than he did last year. I'm not sure if it is his skating or mental quickness but I thought it was noticeable.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Blueger seems quicker than he did last year. I'm not sure if it is his skating or mental quickness but I thought it was noticeable.

He’s always been very quick, he’s just really good on his edges and makes fast decisions with the puck. The only knock on his game now that’s he’s become a finisher is he’s just not a straight ahead blazer, but whatever, he can really skate well and it’s not even a slight issue IMHO.

He can even do really nifty things like take a pass and pass to his teammates...

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Caught some of it too.
Liked Bluegs, Angello and Johnson with a little Jarry too.

Yeah, Jarry looked solid. Nothing fancy, just good tracking and very quick to be in the right position. Thought he looked a little lost at sea at times when the Checkers took the play behind the net but it didn't bite him in the butt so all good. Someone else is gonna get a good goaltender there I think, makes me a little sad but that's the business.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
He’s always been very quick, he’s just really good on his edges and makes fast decisions with the puck. The only knock on his game now that’s he’s become a finisher is he’s just not a straight ahead blazer, but whatever, he can really skate well and it’s not even a slight issue IMHO.

He can even do really nifty things like take a pass and pass to his teammates...

But can he hit a guy 3 seconds after he moved a puck?

Reactions: Shady Machine

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
But can he hit a guy 3 seconds after he moved a puck?
The ol' Tanner Glass special. Sorry, you said hit a guy 3 seconds after moving the puck, not "gently bump a guy but still be rewarded for a hit by the statistician" 3 seconds after moving the puck.

The Brooks Orpik special is to hit a guy onto your own goaltender 3 seconds after he scores. Then blame your teammates for having a bad game.

Reactions: Shady Machine

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Brown, Prow, Taylor scored in a 5-3 loss.

DwvorcRX4AE9PiN.jpg

Reactions: Rudy Russo

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Hirano and Lacroix signed to AHL contracts

Hirano has 16 points in his last 13, so it looks like there might be something there now that he's adjusted. Lacroix is just a goon/checking player from the looks of it so less exciting.
Very cool. Good for him.

Also, damn! Maybe Pittsburgh could use an AHL team. :naughty:
lower bowl tickets available for just $14 and select draught beers on sale for $2 from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.

Reactions: EightyOne

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Fan fridays are an awesome deal. $2 Lion's head drafts, you can walk in sober and be sufficiently buzzed before the game starts. All for around $20
Lion's head! I haven't had that in like 20 years.

I wonder what drafts run at PPG now.

Reactions: Beauner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad