AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread (Cap Details + Links in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
Can we please get rid of some of the so called veterans like Hayes and O’Neil? Hayes is so slow and O’Neil-thank god he was a healthy scratch-is useless!!!

Reactions: Taz62

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Was at the game tonight. 5-1 loss, the defenceman couldn't get shots on net to save their lives and the forwards do not have the talent to compensate for that. Also Peters was trash

They're simply just a hurtin' unit i believe.
Especially on D atm...no O'Neill, Summers, Trotman...

Dvimt_DXQAIP_CN.jpg

They're also missing DiPauli and Militec up front.
I mean, they are pretty competive if they're fully healthy but take the guys i mentioned out and they aren't gonna win many...

steelcityassault

Sep 17, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Man, Guerin really isn't ready for this role. Botterill made it look easy but it's not. Sick of him bringing his Boston-area boys in. Plenty of better veterans were out there besides Hayes, O'Neill, Elliott (traded), etc

Reactions: DegenX and Jacob

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Man, Guerin really isn't ready for this role. Botterill made it look easy but it's not. Sick of him bringing his Boston-area boys in. Plenty of better veterans were out there besides Hayes, O'Neill, Elliott (traded), etc
Seriously. And it can't be that hard to be an AHL GM. It's not like there's anything to negotiate in the off-season when you're throwing two-way deals at fringe NHL guys like Summers and Hayes. Those contracts are boiler-plate.

His off-season signings (I assume they are his doing) like Hayes and Muse stink, and the trades he's made all suck too. He consistently jettisons talent for.. I don't even know what. Less talent.

And for an organization where the last 6 head coaches went on to NHL jobs, Donatelli was a lazy hire. I honestly don't think he's a bad coach, but we could've and should've done better. It's probably the most coveted job outside of the NHL, for anyone looking to move up to (or back to) an NHL head coaching job.

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
Was watching football last night and just looked at hockey scores, cannot believe the offense showed up last night!! Let’s hope they can continue and not be a one game effort.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
update on this situation

Well, they do say that never believe anything until it is officially denied :P

Okay, less tongue in cheek, if the guy knew anything they'd deny it anyway, and the original report was based on more than that incident anyway. Doesn't mean ought one way or the other.

Reactions: EightyOne

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Well, they do say that never believe anything until it is officially denied :P

Okay, less tongue in cheek, if the guy knew anything they'd deny it anyway, and the original report was based on more than that incident anyway. Doesn't mean ought one way or the other.
For sure, just wanted to provide the info since I'm assuming most people didn't see this particular tweet.

Reactions: Peat and EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
20190103_081057.jpg

Well. We weren't ever concerned with PITTSBURGH'S plans anyway...;)

W-B/S is still homeless until announced differently.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
They're simply just a hurtin' unit i believe.
Especially on D atm...no O'Neill, Summers, Trotman...

Dvimt_DXQAIP_CN.jpg

They're also missing DiPauli and Militec up front.
I mean, they are pretty competive if they're fully healthy but take the guys i mentioned out and they aren't gonna win many...

That seems like a rather... uninspiring... lineup.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What’s Miletic’s deal? Started with like 6 points in the first 8 or 9 games, got hurt, came back, now seems MIA again.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->