Injury Report: Vol. II (Updates in First Post) | Fleury, Bortuzzo + Määttä Being Tested for Mumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sutter16

Aug 17, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
can't comment on that, but do find it odd that all of our players are AHEAD OF SCHEDULE!!! and then end up out for the year later on.

Not saying it's related, but it's such a weird coincidence.

Yeah, that's pretty unusual. I hope DP didn't have the same surgeons repair his shoulder as Maatta did.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
My mom is in the medical field. The rumor going around, that she heard today about Olli's shoulder surgery is that the docs/surgeons screwed up the surgery and didn't repair it correctly. Hence the reason he's seeking a second opinion.

It wouldn't even surprise me.

That probably says a lot in itself, but god that's awful if they messed it up. Maatta has shoulder surgery, gets a cancer diagnoses, has that surgery and then, oops, they messed up the shoulder surgery.

And there's Pouliot to wonder about... and every other Penguin who had surgery recently can be questioned... like Bennett with the two wrist surgeries... I really hope that rumour isn't true.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Dave Molinari @MolinariPG
Beau Bennett diagnosed with mumps

That was never in question. Now, who could he have infected on top of who else Crosby could have gotten? Fun times ahead; Dejan will write a scathing article, Rossi will do something embarrassing and Madden will somehow come out looking the sanest.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
It's mumps, it's mumps

it's in his head

it's mumps, it's mumps,

Beau might be dead

are these mumps outta my neck?

I think no

I think no

I think no

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
It's mumps, it's mumps

it's in his head

it's mumps, it's mumps,

Beau might be dead

I think no

I think no

I think no

Not to get too ot, but I saw them last year, they played that entire album start to finish after playing a few new songs. Fun show, and the lead guy makes children's songs too. But yeah, mumps are bad.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Is there a way for us to get Bennett on the number change bandwagon? Can someone on twitter get #FreshStart78 going or something.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
I wish I was as surprised at Beau having the mumps as I would have been had he not had them.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Poor Beau. :(

I'm not at all surprised, but I was hoping he didn't have it if only so that he wouldn't be the whipping boy for going to the children's hospital.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
It's mumps, it's mumps

it's in his head

it's mumps, it's mumps,

Beau might be dead

I think no

I think no

I think no

LOL, you sir have a gift.

Beau should just retire and live the rest of his life surfing in California, maybe get into acting.

HOG, do you think SURFING would be a good career choice for our boy Beau?

He better stay the F away from Portuguese beaches. (renowned for the biggest waves in the world)

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Every time I think about Bennett getting mumps I crack up. I know it's sad, but I can't help it. He's injured and not in the team spotlight at all and now the only time we get reminded of his existence is to learn that he's the victim of further misfortune.

Rutherford's basically like: "Oh yeah...remember that guy Beau Bennett? The guy that always gets injured? Yeah, he has mumps".

I seriously can't get over it. :laugh:

Also mumps is a funny word

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
That was never in question. Now, who could he have infected on top of who else Crosby could have gotten? Fun times ahead; Dejan will write a scathing article, Rossi will do something embarrassing and Madden will somehow come out looking the sanest.

Don't Bennett and Borts live together or something as well? Hope Borts is fine.

The reason he had no symptoms of the mumps besides the swelling is because he was taking anti-inflammatories to deal with the other neck issue. The anti-inflammatories would have helped fight off the fever and muscle pain which is why the only symptom he had was the swelling.

I think the anti-inflammatories stopped the swelling as well until he stopped taking them, that's when his face suddenly ballooned. It was more of bad timing than incompetence by the medical staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad