Injury Report: Vol. II (Updates in First Post) | Fleury, Bortuzzo + Määttä Being Tested for Mumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
The photos from the Children's hospital visit show all three of them in gowns and gloves (but no masks), indicating that they were visiting kids who needed extra infection control measures.

This could get very bad.

Not necessarily. I worked in a hospital and I routinely had to wear isolation gear (gown/gloves) when dealing with patients who have been cleared of infectious diseases for years. Hospitals can bill extra to the insurance companies for isolation patients.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
The photos from the Children's hospital visit show all three of them in gowns and gloves (but no masks), indicating that they were visiting kids who needed extra infection control measures.

This could get very bad.

Also a lot of case where people have to wear gowns/gloves etc. its to protect the worker/visitor. Its not necessarily to protect the patient.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
The entire team was immunized... the immunization is 88% effective... in theory only 2 or 3 players should have been hit with it, but factor in the Pens' luck and we are talking what 8 or 9 minimum... none of which will be ADams, of course, not that he wouldn't play through it anyhow....

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke
Dan Byslma’s on FAN 590 saying when viruses are going through a team you tell infected players to stay away from the rink & from the players

I'm laughing.

Still Apps

The New Gig
Jan 10, 2012
Home
Up next:

The report that Megna being sent back to S-W has resulted in the entire Baby Pens roster being infected. :scared:

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
On the bright side, Kunitz skated today. Hasn't been cleared to play yet though.

Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Just walked by a line of 30 Pens employees waiting to get their vaccines.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
No, he started talking about the reason why the Penguins lost in the playoffs.

I listened to some of it. He still has pausing and repeating himself while saying nothing of substance down to a science. Good riddance. I'm sure he's a great guy, but I don't know if I could take another season of him.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Up next:

The report that Megna being sent back to S-W has resulted in the entire Baby Pens roster being infected. :scared:

Baby Pens are taking precautions:

That means blood tests for players to see if they have the required antibodies to fight off the disease or if they need a booster shot. Players usually share a few water bottles during practice. Today, each player had his own with his number written on a piece of tape wrapped around it. Other than that, it’s the same precautions as flu season. Wash your hands frequently. Use Purel if you can’t. Sneeze into your sleeve. Full story here

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa

Although I hate him, he does make one good point: I hate hearing people criticize Sid when he is at a PPG. I know he really didn't look great (in the CBJ series), but the great thing about Sid is that he can put up a PPG+ pretty much no matter what the circumstances are (hurt wrist, no one protecting him from head-hunter Dubinsky, etc). It's true that almost every other player in the NHL would take Sid's point production numbers in the playoffs, even if we think he's terrible at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->