Injury Report: Vol. II (Updates in First Post) | Fleury, Bortuzzo + Määttä Being Tested for Mumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Don't Bennett and Borts live together or something as well? Hope Borts is fine.

i was thinking about that too. plus wasn't bort out with an illness alongside crosby a week or two ago? they may want to test/retest bortuzzo for the mumps.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
What I can't get over is them not immediately reacting when Sid walked in with a swollen face. Instead he practiced and talked to the media looking like part of his face was trying out the Despres diet. At that point idc what the tests said, there's no excuse whereas before there's some wiggle room. Crosby looked like a stereotypical mumps patient during a mumps epidemic.

Don't Bennett and Borts live together or something as well? Hope Borts is fine.

I think they did but idk if they still do. Bort also almost missed a game that time Crosby did (Dec 2nd?) so who the hell knows what was actually going on there. :help:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What I can't get over is them not immediately reacting when Sid walked in with a swollen face. Instead he practiced and talked to the media looking like part of his face was trying out the Despres diet. At that point idc what the tests said, there's no excuse whereas before there's some wiggle room. Crosby looked like a stereotypical mumps patient during a mumps epidemic.

I think they did but idk if they still do. Bort also almost missed a game that time Crosby did (Dec 2nd?) so who the hell knows what was actually going on there. :help:

I think Bortz drew the line when Beau bought his 8th body pillow and started naming them.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think Bortz drew the line when Beau bought his 8th body pillow and started naming them.

I was going to be like "A body pillow for every injury haha" but then I realized that's too close to reality. I hope for containment they don't live together any more, knowing the Pens they've added a third roommate who is important to the team and spend a lot of time with MAF/Letang/Malkin.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Dave Molinari @MolinariPG · 4h 4 hours ago
Perhaps Beau Bennett should consider donating his body to medical science someday. Except his hands. Those can go to some poor fourth-liner.

Ouch lol. Usually Molinari is pretty bland so this one caught me off guard.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
i was thinking about that too. plus wasn't bort out with an illness alongside crosby a week or two ago? they may want to test/retest bortuzzo for the mumps.

Borts might've been a carrier instead of coming down with it properly, and passed it to Bennett. But who knows anymore with this team? :dunno:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Borts might've been a carrier instead of coming down with it properly, and passed it to Bennett. But who knows anymore with this team? :dunno:

Possibly, or Bortuzzo was a carrier and Bennett still got it from Crosby or another infected player. If they're living together and Bennett was injured for most of Crosby's infectious period then Carriertuzzo giving it to him becomes more likely, I suppose. Pens...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Beau is probably relieved that it's not a broken bone or knee injury and it's just a lump and swollen junk for a week.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Dave Molinari @MolinariPG · 4h 4 hours ago
Perhaps Beau Bennett should consider donating his body to medical science someday. Except his hands. Those can go to some poor fourth-liner.

Ouch lol. Usually Molinari is pretty bland so this one caught me off guard.
More of a compliment than a burn. We all know he's injury prone by this point, but he does have some sick hands.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Bennett was at Children's Hospital last Thursday, along with every Penguins player except Crosby, but the hospital said Monday that Bennett was not near any kids in an immune suppressed state.

Well, that could have been worse at least.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
I'd bet money that game where it looked like they were holding out Sid and Borts, that that were giving them the blood tests. Yeah those ones that are often False Negs, esp when you've been vac'd like Crosby
Then, voila the tests come back Negative and "you're good to go tonight, boys!"
("Sid, watch your face on the door there...")

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012
I'd bet money that game where it looked like they were holding out Sid and Borts, that that were giving them the blood tests. Yeah those ones that are often False Negs, esp when you've been vac'd like Crosby
Then, voila the tests come back Negative and "you're good to go tonight, boys!"
("Sid, watch your face on the door there...")
Yea. No way this happened. Argue negligence if you feel so obliged, but outright malevolence... no way. Harmful to everyone associated both indivdually and as an organization

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Blood was not drawn, but the diagnosing doctor provided this statement: “You do not need confirmatory testing for mumps to have this reported. Presumed/probable mumps based on clinical suspicion and contact history is enough.”

The intern said he received MMR and booster shots.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/7392812-74/bennett-penguins-mumps#ixzz3MACZNg85
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Hmm, wonder where this dose of common sense was earlier...
Also note how the intern got the vaccine and booster before hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I'm almost to the point where I dont even care anymore.

In the last couple of seasons, there has been: two blood clots, a stroke, cancer, etc, etc. I'm sure there are small towns of 1000 people that dont get sick this much .. combined.

It's getting to the point where I miss a game, I dont care about the score. I check the injury update. Its freaking ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad