Injury Report: Vol. 4 (Updates in First Post) | Clean Out Day Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjp66

Apr 10, 2015
At this point, I'll just be satisfied with getting Pouliot back in place of Dumo.. Chorney has been fine. At this point, how much of an upgrade would a very rusty Ehrhoff be over Chorney?

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
At this point, I'll just be satisfied with getting Pouliot back in place of Dumo.. Chorney has been fine. At this point, how much of an upgrade would a very rusty Ehrhoff be over Chorney?

Can't really say that Dumo has been bad either though... If anything DP may be a bigger risk to play than Dumo, who has been very steady thus far.

ObsessedCreative*

I wish DP51 was in place for lovejoy or scudz but it will never happen. DP51 is a nightmare on D, but much lesser of a nightmare than Scudz or Benny boy. The lesser of the 3 evils, and at least he would be able to move the puck not just toss it away.

Lim Ran

Apr 11, 2009
Toronto
I saw a randam tweet this morning FWIW, that Letang was skating early in the morning at Consol with Mario Lemieux's son. It sounds like he is at least able to do some light skating on his own. The Ehroff situation sounds a lot like Sid's prolonged concussion.

Dude, The Hoff took three concussions in what? Two months?

I'm amazed he came back after the second. I'm more amazed he hasn't been completely shut down right now. Hell, if I knew the guy on a personal level, I might even tell him to think about hanging them up.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
I'm not really disputing anything you are saying in this post, but I am saying he played poorly and was injured a lot. So we can't say it was a beneficial signing. The team has needed the guy for a couple of months now and he has pretty much been out of commission. All we can do is judge what has actually happened, not play what ifs.

Basically if they just banked that cap money and did nothing with it, they would have been better off. At least they would have had enough cap space to play six blueliners in desperate times.

I wasn't agt the signing so, I have no reason to really call any of this out. I'm just pointing out the fact that people agt the signing were in fact right, no matter how things get spun.

That's why I'm trying to emphasize that in hindsight it turned out to be a losing move for us. However it's not like it was a contract that really hurt us THAT much in the grander scheme of things. Ehrhoff also could've potentially been a high-reward type of UFA signing as well. You really can't predict how these things turn out. In the end you just hope that if it doesn't turn out well that you don't take too bad of a hit as a result, which we aren't in this case.

Scuderi, on the other hand....

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That's why I'm trying to emphasize that in hindsight it turned out to be a losing move for us. However it's not like it was a contract that really hurt us THAT much in the grander scheme of things. Ehrhoff also could've potentially been a high-reward type of UFA signing as well. You really can't predict how these things turn out. In the end you just hope that if it doesn't turn out well that you don't take too bad of a hit as a result, which we aren't in this case.

Scuderi, on the other hand....

In hindsight for those who thought it was a good move and those of us who thought it wasn't a bad move, we were wrong.

For those who said it was a dumb move, they were right. They didn't use hindsight last summer obviously. Like I said, all we can use is the facts.

It's like saying the Despres trade wasn't too bad because Lovejoy could have played outstanding hockey for them down the stretch.... in some other dimension.

We can't alter the facts of what has happened. I guess with Lovejoy he could suddenly play well at least. With Ehrhoff, his book looks written at this point.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
So after being out with an injury, coming back, saying that he was at 85%, speculation that he has a back injury:

Is this a Crosby's wrist scenario from last year when he was hurt but didn't admit it? Although Malkin kinda already did admit it with his not 100% comment and the fact that he was injured during the end of the season.

Or is this the original injury is healed but he's not back into game shape or mentality?

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Do those Kevlar socks actually work? And if so, why doesn't every professional hockey player wear them?

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
The way the league is evolving you can clearly see that your dmen have to be able to skate and move the puck. If anyone should sit it should be Scuds. Not that it will ever happen but we stand a better chance with out him. For all his experience he turns the puck over more than anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad