Injury Report: Vol. 4 (Updates in First Post) | Clean Out Day Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I can almost guarantee we'll bring in a top-6 winger this offseason. I'm more concerned with JR overpaying for a winger than him not trading for a winger.

Or pay a 3rd liner like Tlusty top-6 dollars and pass him off as a top-6er.

penguins2946*

Hope you guys are excited for KCD to start the 2015-2016 season

I don't know why people keep repeating this. If it didn't exist for more than a game or 2 last year in the 20 games or so games that Dupuis played last year, why would it exist next year? Do you just ignore facts and just spew nonsense?

There is no chance they're splitting up Hornqvist and Crosby, so KCD isn't going to happen. It's that simple.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Everyone thought Adams would be out of the lineup on opening night last year too..

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Why would dupuis retire and leave money on the table? Would you do that if a team agreed to that contract with you?

He'd LTIRetire, so he'd get the money and the Pens would get the cap space but sacrifice some flexibility in the off season. God only knows how much this team spends over the cap every season because of LTIR.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Everyone thought Adams would be out of the lineup on opening night last year too..

How did Adams' Penguins tenure end again? It takes a lot of love and respect for a coach to dress you and not let you play a single minute in your last game, definitely.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
The Crosby Malkin superstar isn't selling tickets like it used to. The Pens have to start making very good hockey decisions for the sake of the team and not just for thinking those two can overcome lineup shortfalls.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
That knee surgery didn't seem to slow him down at all at the beginning of this year. We have a lot more pressing issues than moving Dupuis, he's not nearly as big of an issue as Scuderi is.

He played all of fourteen games. Started off hot with a four point night, then slowed down considerably. I don't see how you can make that claim.

Wow, could you be more wrong?

I would rather have Dupuis on that 3rd line at his cap than Spaling, he fits with Sid as well so he can move up and down.

I know the cool thing is to now dump any one and everyone but Pascal wasn't playing terrible when he was healthy and his speed was still the same. I am for keeping him until his contract is up and he retires

Dupuis at his best was barely worth 3.75mil, this 37 year old version next year is going to be agonizing to watch. We'll have to agree to disagree. :thumbu:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We want Kunitz gone but management already gave him an excuse and said they want to keep him.

Dupuis has 2x the excuses but has done something moronic that put his life at risk.

This is the realization of this team and how they manage it with players.

RE Top 6 Winger:

There's a rumor that Andrei Kostitsyn is coming back and some NHL teams are interested...he could be a fit with Malkin?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
We want Kunitz gone but management already gave him an excuse and said they want to keep him.

Dupuis has 2x the excuses but has done something moronic that put his life at risk.

This is the realization of this team and how they manage it with players.

RE Top 6 Winger:

There's a rumor that Andrei Kostitsyn is coming back and some NHL teams are interested...he could be a fit with Malkin?

he could be a plug to fill the hole for a year if we don't find any real solutions to fill that spot. He isn't the answer though.

Sidney BrOSSby*

Locked in the Washer
Nov 28, 2007
Kampuchia
Dupuis is the best at keeping up with Sid. It's because he has a fundamental grasp on creating offensive in the game. He's a role player on the top line. First, not third, line support. Not a grinder.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Dupuis is the best at keeping up with Sid. It's because he has a fundamental grasp on creating offensive in the game. He's a role player on the top line. First, not third, line support. Not a grinder.

get out of here

penguins2946*

I don't think getting carried by Crosby means he has a "fundamental grasp on creating offense".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->