Injury Report: Vol. 2 (Updates in First Post) | No Geno, No Lovejoy, Flower Will Start @ Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I was hoping at least Bonino would be back, I like Cullen but watching that 2nd line miss so many chances is frustrating as hell.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I was hoping at least Bonino would be back, I like Cullen but watching that 2nd line miss so many chances is frustrating as hell.

Yeah... Cullen is having a tremendous season, but just not suited for that L2 role. Bonino is a better fill-in and obviousl we need Geno back. I cannot wait to get our depth back.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
He took a walk, had a coffee, listened to some records, and now he's thinking about ordering in some Korean food and catching up on his email.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I like how the bulk of the guys on the shelf have "unknown" return dates. This club and their injury reporting ... :laugh:

Also, the fact we're down 3 of our centers is killing the club right now. Center depth wins in this league. And having your 2C, 3C, and a guy capable of being 3C all out is murdering the offense.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Tweets aren't showing up for some reason?

Geno not at today's practice ... https://twitter.com/PensJG/status/699987148246753280

EDIT: Interesting, seems to just be an issue with Firefox ... shows up just fine in Edge. Yes, I have Edge. Because I'm using Windows 10 and there's no way to get rid of it. Or Cortana.

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
idgaf as long as he isn't back until he's actually healthy. The playoffs are one thing but so is Malkin not letting **** heal and what that could mean long term.

Tweets aren't showing up for some reason?

Geno not at today's practice ... https://twitter.com/PensJG/status/699987148246753280

EDIT: Interesting, seems to just be an issue with Firefox ... shows up just fine in Edge. Yes, I have Edge. Because I'm using Windows 10 and there's no way to get rid of it. Or Cortana.

Yeah, if the tweet wasn't showing up it's Firefox or an addon on it that I've always been to lazy to try to figure out.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
idgaf as long as he isn't back until he's actually healthy. The playoffs are one thing but so is Malkin not letting **** heal and what that could mean long term.

Yeah, if the tweet wasn't showing up it's Firefox or an addon on it that I've always been to lazy to try to figure out.

It's not an add-on, or plug in. I started in safe mode and it made no difference. Disabling the plug-in's also made no difference. Maybe it's some sort of Java issue, since the new Firefox doesn't support it. I can't even pull the embed info from the Tweet, it's just a blank box. :dunno: Oddly enough, embedded Tweets show up on other sites.

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It's not an add-on, or plug in. I started in safe mode and it made no difference. Disabling the plug-in's also made no difference. Maybe it's some sort of Java issue, since the new Firefox doesn't support it. I can't even pull the embed info from the Tweet, it's just a blank box. :dunno: Oddly enough, embedded Tweets show up on other sites.

I think it was a problem that started as soon as the feature was introduced on hfboards, it pretty much never worked with Firefox. I just took the path of least resistance and used google chrome for this place.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So, um... he's closer to their actual originally stated projection than this new reality-based projection? OK, then.

Hopefully sometime next week.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I think it was a problem that started as soon as the feature was introduced on hfboards, it pretty much never worked with Firefox. I just took the path of least resistance and used google chrome for this place.

I've been using Firefox all along, and it was only in the last day or so that I've had problems. Oh, well, I'm sure it will get sorted sooner or later.

And, for those folks that can't see the Tweets ...
Sullivan: - Malkin is more day-to-day, getting closer - Warsofsky was full-contact today - Bonino making progress source

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
"Maintenance days," become "day-to-day," become "week-to-week," become "no updates."

Such is life for the Pens.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Oh, hey ... just an FYI ... teh Tweets are back :)

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I highly doubt that had anything to do with it one way or another. A skills comp with limited skating and a 20 min 3 on 3 that was hardly hard fought?

Please.

No but he was likely already banged up before All Star game and a full week of rest would have been better spent. JR can say all he wants that the injury happened after the All Star game, but you don't get a 'nagging' injury in one day. JB speculated it was the Jenner knee on knee and it never fully healed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I don't think the ASG made anything worse, but it certainly afford him a week to rest and recuperate.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I don't think the ASG made anything worse, but it certainly afford him a week to rest and recuperate.

Yea I don't think it made it worse either. He basically put any healing on hold, though, by going and playing in anything. Just putting skates on and practicing will prevent a knee from healing properly.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well to be fair to all parties involved... it's not like we see something like this from Malkin practically every. Single. Year. How would they know how to handle it responsibly, at this point? As far as they knew... playing through a nagging injury and eschewing rest might somehow magically heal it!

I've heard this tends to work better and better the older a player gets and the more injuries they sustain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad