Injury Report: Vol. 2 (Updates in 1st Post) | Daley LBI, Will Be Evaluated in Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
It has not been disclosed

Rust's actually a cyborg and his firmware crashed due to a faulty heat sink, bad code, and bad chip architecture. The 6-8 weeks is actually the team sourcing and installing new parts and running a thorough de-bugging/kernel rewrite. :amazed:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Rust's actually a cyborg and his firmware crashed due to a faulty heat sink, bad code, and bad chip architecture. The 6-8 weeks is actually the team sourcing and installing new parts and running a thorough de-bugging/kernel rewrite. :amazed:

You'd think they'd have worked out the bugs with the Sid-bot, right? :laugh:

Return of the Paek

Jun 19, 2016
I mean, they aren't gonna come and spell it out and detail the injury. We all saw what happened. His wrist got jammed pretty hard when he went into the goalie...and he's out long term. My suggestion is to use your index of suspicion and take an educated guess. Here's mine:

Went into goal at high speed and got hurt. Replay showed him jarring his wrist. He is out long term but not season ending.

My guess is a fractured bone in his wrist or distal radius or ulna.

Thanks, I didn't see the incident, that's why I asked.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
« 02.16.17 | Game Day vs. Jets »

So, looks like Hagelin is cleared for contact, but won't play tonight. They usually want them to get in a full practice before they return, but with the way our schedule is the next few days that may not be until next week.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Wasn't expecting him tonight but its good to see that he seems to be recovering fairly quickly. Concussions are a fickle thing.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Certainly concerning that there's been pretty much nothing said about Rust. Expecting him out at least the regular season.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
It doesn't sound promising when the evaluation process takes such a long time.

Yeah, it's hard to know for sure, but it makes it sound like they are deciding and possibly getting multiple opinions on whether he needs surgery or just time to recover but hopefully he will be available my playoff time if nothing else.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
Some great updates, if you ask me.

Yup, outside of Rust, Hagelin consistently moving forward with participation is a great sign, particularly since he is dealing with a concussion and must not be having an increase in symptoms after each stage. Sheary also seems to be very involved and active given the 4-6 week time frame. I know it doesn't particularly mean a ton since it's an upper-body injury, but still good to see.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
He was thrown into the goalie.. looked like he grabbed his wrist/hand real quick. I would imagine sprained/broken wrist. Something of that nature.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It's just laughable how many injuries this team suffers. I've never seen a team that gets so many injuries to its better players as consistently and as numerously as the Penguins.

It's a testament to this team, if you think about it, that they're currently sitting in the standings where they are given the number of injuries -- and length of injuries -- the key players. All one has to do is look at Tampa as an example of a team ravaged by injuries to their star players to see the impact it has on the standings.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
How was that Schultz hit not something the league should look at? I missed the first half of the game so I might have missed the actual game time action of the injury but that hit looked like it was from behind and maybe Olli losing his crap after his hit sparks something in him. I don't think I have ever seen Olli lose it like that before.

The problem is that his parts were made by Samsung, the one major part they needed was released without proper testing and it malfunctioned again. Samsung claims this is the first time this has ever happened and has apologized to the Penguins.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's just laughable how many injuries this team suffers. I've never seen a team that gets so many injuries to its better players as consistently and as numerously as the Penguins.

It's a testament to this team, if you think about it, that they're currently sitting in the standings where they are given the number of injuries -- and length of injuries -- the key players. All one has to do is look at Tampa as an example of a team ravaged by injuries to their star players to see the impact it has on the standings.

The odd part is that this is the Penguins thing. Being resilient throughout a barrage of injuries. Basically since the lockout ended in 2005, it's been one major injury to someone after another, does anyone remember any year where a player or a bunch of key players didn't miss a lot of time and the Pens kept on trucking?

Then again, the messed up part is that we're used to seeing this.

Also, yeah this is Pouliot's show me call-up. If he doesn't show something this time around, he's likely thrown in and gone in some deadline deal to cut bait or they keep him to expose him in the expansion draft to see if they can keep someone else as a distraction. Also, I hope they finally call Jarry up and give him a ****ing game. Fleury's saving grace was his OT save, the guy really has some mental demons right now and I don't blame him, it's tough to earn your spot back when you thought you didn't have to do that again, especially by a young elite goaltender that won the cup last year after taking over for you. I really hope they move him asap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad