Injury Report: Vol. 2 (Updates in 1st Post) | Daley LBI, Will Be Evaluated in Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
PLAYER |TYPE OF INJURY|REPORTED|RECOVERY TIME|POSSIBLE RETURN|STATUS|UPDATED|SOURCE
Conor Sheary | Upper Body | 2.1.17 | 4-6 Weeks | 3.1.17 (Earliest) | Skating, making siginificant progress | 2.16.17 | @penguins
Bryan Rust | Unknown | 2.10.17 | Unknown | Unknown | Not skating, still being evaluated | 2.16.17 | @penguins
Olli Maatta | Hand | 2.17.17 | 6 Weeks | 3.31.17 | Underwent successful hand surgery | 2.17.17 | @penguins
Justin Schultz | Concussion | 2.17.17 | Unknown | Unknown | Undergoing concussion protocol | 2.17.17 | @PensInsideScoop
Nick Bonino | Ill | 2.21.17 | Unknown | Unknown | No other information | 2.21.17 | @PensInsideScoop

Previous injury thread is here
We'll keep track of all injuries using this spreadsheet. Check the tabs at the bottom for the previous season and playoffs.

« 02.21.17 | Post Game @ Canes »

Last edited:

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Kunitz out with a long-term case of old. Washedupitis. Pastprimeatosis.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Paint Can!

Also not good. If it had any ties other then just paint in the name they'd use it. The arena isn't shaped like one and has nothing remotely close to a can of paint.

"Going to the Paint" is the best reference out there. Both in terms of PPG Paints Arena and hockey.

I mean, I could suggest 'The Paint Pan.'

How does that sound? It has more closer ties to the dimensions of a rink and it rolls off the tongue just the same. <---tasteless:laugh:

MNT_TRAY_METAL.jpg

Neither are good.

Just seems desperate to have some cool nickname.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Couldn't find a more fitting video:

That kills me every time :laugh:

Very anxious to see how Pouliot does in WBS. If he plays well, I'm very curious to see what materializes there. Is he waiver exempt?

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
That kills me every time :laugh:

Very anxious to see how Pouliot does in WBS. If he plays well, I'm very curious to see what materializes there. Is he waiver exempt?

I'm pretty sure it's his last year waiver exempt.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Mostly just bumping the thread since it's about to fall off the first page.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Also not good. If it had any ties other then just paint in the name they'd use it. The arena isn't shaped like one and has nothing remotely close to a can of paint.

"Going to the Paint" is the best reference out there. Both in terms of PPG Paints Arena and hockey.

I mean, I could suggest 'The Paint Pan.'

How does that sound? It has more closer ties to the dimensions of a rink and it rolls off the tongue just the same. <---tasteless:laugh:

MNT_TRAY_METAL.jpg

Neither are good.

Just seems desperate to have some cool nickname.

Morehouse was quoted as saying he does NOT want it referred to as the "Paint Can".

Hence there is no better reason than to refer to it as such.

ruunto71*

Jul 5, 2016
Pens have three poor defensive teams in a row and Hornqvist is coming back. No matter how serious Kunitz's injury is he won't sit these games out

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Apparently Sheary and Horny were with Sid on a drill, and Kunitz and Rust were with Malkin on a drill. Fare ye well Jake. We barely knew ye.

Mattpilf

Jun 28, 2016
Apparently Sheary and Horny were with Sid on a drill, and Kunitz and Rust were with Malkin on a drill. Fare ye well Jake. We barely knew ye.

Kunitz isn't coming back soon probably just getting in some shifts. Only line that was consistent was Sheary, Crosby and Horny. Everyone else is jumbled and moving around right now. Jakes still getting time with Malkin

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Just makes me sick. Kunitz-Malkin-Rust is the weak link in this lineup.

Guentzel: 4GP, 3G

Kunitz: 18GP, 2G

I mean, that's gotta be embarrassing right? Course Bonino, 22 GP, 1G isn't much better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->