Injury Report: Vol. 2 (Updates in 1st Post) | Daley LBI, Will Be Evaluated in Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
That's pathetic that they're not even recalling Pouliot after they lose 2 of their defensemen. Like they're just not giving him a fair shot.

How's he looking in WBS since going back down? He had a shot earlier in the year and completely blew it, so I figure he'll need to show a lot of improvement to get up again before next year. Based on what we have seen from these guys in the NHL this year, Pouliot wouldn't be one of my top 2 fill-ins either. And he's not a guy we want to have sitting in the press box, which is what one of the three WBS guys is going to be doing tonight.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
League wants to reduce concussions but refuse to do anything about a hit from the numbers by Buff. This f*****g league...

Blame the officials last night. Wheeler, Maatta, and Schultz all hurt on plays that didn't need to happen if the game was properly officiated.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My guess, honestly, is that Schultz/Sheary/Hags will all be back in the next 2 weeks. Hags obviously being first. I think Schultz comes back at the end of next week. Sheary right after TDL.

Rust/Maatta back for Game 1 of the playoffs.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
My guess, honestly, is that Schultz/Sheary/Hags will all be back in the next 2 weeks. Hags obviously being first. I think Schultz comes back at the end of next week. Sheary right after TDL.

Rust/Maatta back for Game 1 of the playoffs.

could this potentially help our cap situation in terms of adding more salary than we could have otherwise, and then having Rust/Maatta come back for the playoffs? I really don't know how IR stuff works with the cap.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Obviously it could be a cheat to gain 4m+ :laugh: But idk. It also could be a bad thing Maatta is hurt and someone would have wanted him. Who really knows. You just never know.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
could this potentially help our cap situation in terms of adding more salary than we could have otherwise, and then having Rust/Maatta come back for the playoffs? I really don't know how IR stuff works with the cap.

Yes, it gives JR flexibility.
Theres no salary cap once the playoffs start.
So as long as Olli is out til the PO's JR can bring in more $.

If i were him, i'd use expendable parts and non-1st/2nd rd picks to pick up as many good D-Men/D-Men fits as i can.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
An injury that'll keep him out until the playoffs when the cap doesn't matter? Hmmmm

Not a conspiracy, but that's convenient if we were crunching numbers and not trading him.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
As much as I think getting Hags back would be a boost for the team, since the rest of them just played last night (or are crap AHL dmen), I think I'd rather he sit this one out than have his first game back against a bunch of cheap-shot artists and end up going on IR right away again for a re-injury.

It's the regular season. They don't desperately need this game.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Hope to have Sheary and Schultz back by the TDL. Put Olli on LTIR and bring in a d-man like Brendan Smith / Johnny Oduya / Dmitry Kulikov at the deadline. And then Maatta and Rust join the team for the playoffs.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
League wants to reduce concussions but refuse to do anything about a hit from the numbers by Buff. This f*****g league...

I can't wait till they lose a crazy amount of money in that lawsuit. Totally deserved.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I can't wait till they lose a crazy amount of money in that lawsuit. Totally deserved.

With Buff it is never his fault, just "too much man", like he is unable to control how much he slams someones head into the boards (or other infractions) due to his size. If the department of so called safety was serious rather than welcoming that type of play he would be suspended...and if he used the excuse that he was too big and therefore unable to control it he should be suspended indefinitely until he figures it out.

He hit Schultz right on the numbers and slammed his head into the boards. It is not an unfortunate accident, it is the expected result of how he did it, intended or not. But the so called DOPS are unwilling or too stupid to see it.

They need to hire someone for the DOPS with some medical training that has an interest in actual safety but they think they know better...how is that working out? I hope they are held accountable and then get it right...the sooner the better.

Last edited:

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
With Buff it is never his fault, just "too much man", like he is unable to control how much he slams someones head into the boards (or other infractions) due to his size. If the department of so called safety was serious rather than welcoming that type of play he would be suspended...and if he used the excuse that he was too big and therefore unable to control it he should be suspended indefinitely until he figures it out.

He hit Schultz right on the numbers and slammed his head into the boards. It is not an unfortunate accident, it is the expected result of how he did it, intended or not. But the so called DOPS are unwilling or too stupid to see it.

They need to hire someone for the DOPS with some medical training that has an interest in actual safety but they think they know better...how is that working out? I hope they are held accountable and then get it right...the sooner the better.
Theres only one.

6e4560266d71e12f2d9aad9e2944fdee.jpg

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Has Tyutin ever played the right side? I feel like he did in Columbus.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Do we think Shcultz is long term or will be back shortly?

Schultz is in 'concussion protocol' so there's no way to pin that down. We won't know he's close until he starts skating with the team, and even then he might have a set back.

:EDIT:
Also ..

« 02.21.17 | Game Day @ Canes »

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad