Injury Report: Vol. 2 Is Up; Mods, please close this one. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
I swear I can't think of another sport with worse refs than hockey. how the **** do they not get suspended for something like this? they didn't even stop the play initially. and then they called Cullen for that ridiculous hooking. how do you get away with **** like this?

NBA is the worst. Maatta was was at least away from the puck at this point so the ref could be following the puck and miss the board.

The guy has the ball with all eyeballs on him and gets away with like 7 steps.
steps.gif

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
Was just reading a third party site, and someone is alleging that Kuemper opened the door in what looks to be a purposeful manner. Any thoughts?

He purposely opened the door to allow his team mate to get to the bench for a change. I can't say for sure, but I'd probably bet he didn't open it to have Maatta get injured.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I don't think it's worthy of suspension, he wasn't going head first into the boards and it would have been a nothing play if the door hadn't opened. It was entirely unnecessary, late and a shove in the numbers near the boards though so it should have been a 5 minute major. Boarding, roughing, cross checking, interference, take your pick.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Don't forget they called a high stick on the Wild when it was Maatta's stick.

It's a circus.

I agree the refing was horrendous lastnight... but even I thought that HS was from the Wild and not Maatta when I saw it the first time.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
NBA is the worst. Maatta was was at least away from the puck at this point so the ref could be following the puck and miss the board.

steps.gif

Holy Mad Cow was the ref the only one who didn't see that? I don't watch basketball but that was beyond ****ing obvious! :shakehead

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Kid's been through alot. Not exactly an ideal way to start an NHL career.

I'm still not sure if he will ever return to full form after that cancer, now has to take pills for the rest of his life because it effects his energy levels. Then you got 2 surgeries on his shoulder, now this. He's still on his ELC.

Penguinsyay

Jul 20, 2007
I actually am relieved and happy to hear that it is only an estimated 3-4 weeks. Looks like it could have been a season ending, possibly longer type of injury.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010

steps.gif

He took 3 steps after he gained possession of the ball

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
NBA refs are terrible, to the point where people genuinely assume a bunch more of 'em are crooked (hockey's not there yet), but letting travels slide is not why.

If Ken Dryden hinted that refs might have been corrupted a few times in his classic book THE GAME, just imagine now with all the millions involved, it would be naive to think that some of them are not bought for some crucial games in 2015... Just sayin'.

It's not like they can't get away with it either, hockey is hard to regulate at best. The rule book seems to be subject to ~fluctuating~ interpretation at times.

...also, the ridiculously ineficient drug testing program. Meh.../rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad