Injury Report: Vol. 2 Is Up; Mods, please close this one. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
tumblr_nwjlw1rDi41txyx4lo1_400.png

Fordy

May 28, 2008
you know, i wonder why we haven't got an update on kunitz's debilitating iron condition???

is it because he's rebounded so well like steigy said?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Not sure if this is due to limited ice time being on the road, or if this is the update we were told would be coming 'early' this week ...

::EDIT::

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
So another long plane ride and Duper isn't well....I'm not sure that is a coincidence. Let him sit for a while and play Sprong.

Great news on Olli.

Last edited:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Gotta love these mysterious "leaves the game early, held out at the last second, etc." scenarios that have played out regarding Dupuis. I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with his prior injuries, that's why we never hear exactly what happened.

In any event, having a guy around who is liable to have his career end at any moment sure doesn't seem like a distraction. Especially when he's a ~$3.5M/yr 4th liner being square-pegging into top-6 duty. And don't give me that stupid "bruh, anyone's career can end at any moment" schtick. It's different with Dupuis, and you know that.

At least Geno and Fleury continue to play well. The minus is that it's saving this coaching staff from possibly being fired, and masking all of our glaring problems.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I hope Dupuis is no longer able to play hockey professionally but can still live a long, healthy, productive life. It'd be swell if this could also somehow include Kunitz.

If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Gotta love these mysterious "leaves the game early, held out at the last second, etc." scenarios that have played out regarding Dupuis. I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with his prior injuries, that's why we never hear exactly what happened.

In any event, having a guy around who is liable to have his career end at any moment sure doesn't seem like a distraction. Especially when he's a ~$3.5M/yr 4th liner being square-pegging into top-6 duty. And don't give me that stupid "bruh, anyone's career can end at any moment" schtick. It's different with Dupuis, and you know that.

At least Geno and Fleury continue to play well. The minus is that it's saving this coaching staff from possibly being fired, and masking all of our glaring problems.

Or maybe something more important. Going back to a question on this Board, is Duper a warrior or a fool??? The answer is obvious to some.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I hope Dupuis is no longer able to play hockey professionally but can still live a long, healthy, productive life. It'd be swell if this could also somehow include Kunitz.

If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

I don't think it does. There comes a point when Duper's health becomes a distraction for the team. I think we are entering that territory.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
How many of these disconcerting little "scares" has he already had this season dating back to camp? Three or four? But nah... this is all completely within the bounds of reason and good sense.

wolffy66

Dec 16, 2009
The Duper thing also goes from a situation where I feel bad about what has happened to him and his family to a situation where I feel bad for what he is doing to his family.

For a lot of men putting themselves in some kind of harms way to provide for the family is pretty normal. But Duper is different, its just hockey and hes made millions already. His wife must be a wreck every time he is pulled from a game. Selfish behavior at this point.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
How many of these disconcerting little "scares" has he already had this season dating back to camp? Three or four? But nah... this is all completely within the bounds of reason and good sense.

:laugh: Yeah man, it's totally fine that he has to go through a 12 hour routine before every game. It's also fine because he's definitely not a guy who has or would withhold info or symptoms. Nah, the guy's a warrior. We need him, a 37 year old 4th liner that we're gonna square-peg onto the top line, with a blood clot condition, who has played roughly 20 games of hockey in the past 2-plus years. He's a cooky guy, and if we didn't have him, everyone in the lockerroom would be at each other's throats or sulking in the corner listening to The Cure. He's a goddamn warrior, who is teaching his kids about perseverance, and is definitely not a selfish dick for putting himself at risk, and his family in jeopardy just to keep playing hockey at a piss-poor level.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Duper has been sidelined twice.

The first time was 10.05 - 10.22 with 'lower body not related to previous injuries' (6 games).

The second time was 11.06 - 11.22 and was 'precautionary' (2 games). That time he had bruises he couldn't explain, so he was checked out while the team was on the road, but held out until they got back to Pittsburgh and could be re-evaluated.

This spreadsheet was a good idea, eh? Thanks again, MeticulouslyDishevel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad