Value of: Vladislav Namestnikov

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
There's a reason why 95% of Lightning fans didn't bat an eye to lose him. (And some of those other 5% were only worried it might upset Kucherov to lose his bff).

Just plucking a few quotes here;

Happy with the trade, sad to see Vladdy go. Hajek and Howden are both really good prospecthhs who were impressive in the WJC.

Kinda feel bad for vlad considering all his help this year only to be shipped off at the deadline

Ya sucks if we lift the cup send vladdy a ring

Yeah, best of luck to Vladdy. Always sad to see guys like him and Brown go who've been in the organization for quite some time and apart of this group that got us close to a cup.

Not sure why Vlad was included in the deal unless New York really wanted him badly, I think Miller is a better player but Vlad was already such a fit on the team and brings the goal scoring element with 20 goals already on the season.

He’s great at things like puck possession and zone entries. Won’t carry a line offensively but has enough ability to gel well with highly skilled linemates.

Happy we got McD, on the fence about giving up Vlad.

It really sucks we are losing Vlad. I really liked the kid. Truly going to miss him. Good luck kid, hope you tear **** up in New York!

Regardless of all these quotes, Vlady is a good young player who certainly has appeal around the league. That’s kind of the point I’ve been trying to make. Not sure why you feel differently. Then again, you don’t watch him regularly so that’s kind of a moot point.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013

Regardless of all these quotes, Vlady is a good young player who certainly has appeal around the league. That’s kind of the point I’ve been trying to make. Not sure why you feel differently. Then again, you don’t watch him regularly so that’s kind of a moot point.

He's a homegrown talent, all of those quotes are about his personality and him as a person.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I'm pretty sure I've seen Vlad play literally 10x more than you have, if you're a New York fan.

You cherry-picked quotes, most of which are talking about Vlad as a person rather than a player. Congratulations. The main theme of that thread is how ecstatic we were to make the trade with Vlad being the only NHLer going back.

He's a 35 point player who scored 48 because he spent most of the season in an unbelievably good situation. We swapped JT Miller into that unbelievably good situation and he put up 10 goals in 19 games. That doesn't make Miller a 0.55 goals per game guy. He's just in a good spot.

Vlad has never produced outside of his role with Stamkos and Kucherov. And literally any NHL player would produce in that role.

Maybe you believe Cory Conacher is still a guy who can put up roughly 0.75 ppg. Yzerman pumps and dumps players. Good luck getting value out of Namestnikov either on the ice or in a trade. It's more likely to happen in a trade, because you might find another GM who believes he's more than an easily replaceable 35 point C/W.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm pretty sure I've seen Vlad play literally 10x more than you have, if you're a New York fan.

You cherry-picked quotes, most of which are talking about Vlad as a person rather than a player. Congratulations. The main theme of that thread is how ecstatic we were to make the trade with Vlad being the only NHLer going back.

He's a 35 point player who scored 48 because he spent most of the season in an unbelievably good situation. We swapped JT Miller into that unbelievably good situation and he put up 10 goals in 19 games. That doesn't make Miller a 0.55 goals per game guy. He's just in a good spot.

Vlad has never produced outside of his role with Stamkos and Kucherov. And literally any NHL player would produce in that role.

Maybe you believe Cory Conacher is still a guy who can put up roughly 0.75 ppg. Yzerman pumps and dumps players. Good luck getting value out of Namestnikov either on the ice or in a trade. It's more likely to happen in a trade, because you might find another GM who believes he's more than an easily replaceable 35 point C/W.

I don't think many will argue that Namestnikov is a 50-55 point player. But to downgrade him to 35 points seems extreme as well. I have seen him play while in TB before this season I always saw his projection as a bit of utility knife guy who could put up ~40 points a year. Whether you want to say 35 points is up to you but either way his value doesn't end at just the score sheet and that's the main point.

Back on topic, I still think Edmonton makes a lot of sense. They need a couple of guys like this to come in and augment their high end skill guys and he's the right age. He fills a couple of roles from the same position on any team but for a team already with the high end talent like Edmonton he would fit well.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't think many will argue that Namestnikov is a 50-55 point player. But to downgrade him to 35 points seems extreme as well. I have seen him play while in TB before this season I always saw his projection as a bit of utility knife guy who could put up ~40 points a year. Whether you want to say 35 points is up to you but either way his value doesn't end at just the score sheet and that's the main point.

Back on topic, I still think Edmonton makes a lot of sense. They need a couple of guys like this to come in and augment their high end skill guys and he's the right age. He fills a couple of roles from the same position on any team but for a team already with the high end talent like Edmonton he would fit well.

I say 35 points because that's the most he's ever put up without being on Stamkos AND Kucherov's wing. He likely wouldn't have hit 35 this year if he'd been in a lesser role, as evidenced by how dead silent he went when removed from that line, combined with his production in NY.

We upgraded on him twice. JT Miller is an upgrade on the top line, and Anthony Cirelli has been an upgrade on the 3rd line.

Just saying. Guys like Namestnikov kind of do grow on trees.

He's an okay 3rd liner. But if a team like Edmonton wants him to play with McDavid, that's just continuing the same problem they've always had of putting scrap players next to their star. Yeah, Namestnikov would likely put up more points than usual in that spot, but who wouldn't?

Reactions: The Macho Man

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He's a 35 point player who scored 48 because he spent most of the season in an unbelievably good situation.

Do you know what a 35 point player who is coming off a 48p season is called?

A 48 point player. Don’t try and downgrade his accomplishments this season to try and fit your biased agenda.

And I’ve watched about 30 games myself this season. 4 of which I was there in person.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

A 48 point player. Don’t try and downgrade his accomplishments this season to try and fit your biased agenda.

And I’ve watched about 30 games myself this season. 4 of which I was there in person.

Yeah, Ottawa got great production out of Cory Conacher too.

Have fun telling yourself Namestnikov is a 48 point player next year when he's struggling to crack 30 because he doesn't have a pair of ppg+ players on his line, + Victor Hedman on the power play.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I say 35 points because that's the most he's ever put up without being on Stamkos AND Kucherov's wing.

He’s 25 years old. How old was when he didn’t play with Stamkos/Kuch?

Players typically improve on their rookie and sophomore seasons.

Is Vlad all of a sudden a finished NHL player with no more room for growth? Is there an edict from god that restricts him from playing with talented players in the future?

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Usually any Rangers player is greatly undervalued on this board. I'm pretty surprised to see some of these returns.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I say 35 points because that's the most he's ever put up without being on Stamkos AND Kucherov's wing. He likely wouldn't have hit 35 this year if he'd been in a lesser role, as evidenced by how dead silent he went when removed from that line, combined with his production in NY.

We upgraded on him twice. JT Miller is an upgrade on the top line, and Anthony Cirelli has been an upgrade on the 3rd line.

Just saying. Guys like Namestnikov kind of do grow on trees.

He's an okay 3rd liner. But if a team like Edmonton wants him to play with McDavid, that's just continuing the same problem they've always had of putting scrap players next to their star. Yeah, Namestnikov would likely put up more points than usual in that spot, but who wouldn't?

I find it slightly ironic that you are saying you have seen more of Namestnikov than Rangers fans because he was in Tampa and then presume to understand what the issue was in NY when he arrived without, most likely, watching any games. He was bounced around from center to wing on multiple lines and the team itself really fell into long slump, specifically at the end.

The same way you are describing Namestnkov, I can describe Miller. He is a lazy, moody, streaky player who has a sense of entitlement that rubs his teammates the wrong way. I am hopeful Yzerman is as blinded by these 20 games as you are and hands him a $5.5m per year contract only to watch him flounder next year. And I know because I have watched him more than you have. See how this works?

I find it kind of humorous when fans state a 35 point versatile player is found growing on trees when there team went out of their way to go sign a player like Callahan long term to fill that exact type of role.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Oh nice, what do you call a player whos' production drastically drops once off a line with the best duo in the league?

Those 4 points in 19 games after the trade is a sure lot closer to his usual 30-35 point pace then it is 48 points.

You're telling me going forward he'll be closer to this years production than the previous 2? Sure as hell in for a disappointment but I guess that's the usual for you guys.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He’s 25 years old. How old was when he didn’t play with Stamkos/Kuch?

Players typically improve on their rookie and sophomore seasons.

Is Vlad all of a sudden a finished NHL player with no more room for growth? Is there an edict from god that restricts him from playing with talented players in the future?

Well, in the portions of this season when he wasn't playing with Stamkos and Kucherov, it didn't exactly go well for him. He's been basically the same player since his sophomore season. I can't point to anything that's been significantly improved. He's a good north-south skater with a decent shot, but he lacks vision (he rarely spots the open man) and gets rag-dolled when the intensity picks up.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I find it slightly ironic that you are saying you have seen more of Namestnikov than Rangers fans because he was in Tampa and then presume to understand what the issue was in NY when he arrived without, most likely, watching any games. He was bounced around from center to wing on multiple lines and the team itself really fell into long slump, specifically at the end.

The same way you are describing Namestnkov, I can describe Miller. He is a lazy, moody, streaky player who has a sense of entitlement that rubs his teammates the wrong way. I am hopeful Yzerman is as blinded by these 20 games as you are and hands him a $5.5m per year contract only to watch him flounder next year. And I know because I have watched him more than you have. See how this works?

I find it kind of humorous when fans state a 35 point versatile player is found growing on trees when there team went out of their way to go sign a player like Callahan long term to fill that exact type of role.

And if you knew anything about Namestnikov you'd know this is per the usual with him. Now who's clueless? Ironic.

That's fine, we'll take Miller at his PPG pace at 5.5m then you guys paying 48 point player Namesnitkov 4m+ after being boosted by Kucherov and will never score at that rate again.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Actually, most TB fans are waiting for Miller's warts to show up, because we believe what NY fans have been telling us about him. He's thriving in a good situation right now.

Namestnikov's issue is just that he's an okay-at-best NHLer. I doubt that's changed since he landed in NY.

I'm not sure why you're using Callahan's contract, which is easily the worst decision Yzerman has made as TB's GM, to make your point. Players like Callahan, or at least what Callahan has become, do grow on trees. Callahan was pretty much interchangeable with JT Brown this year, and we put Brown on waivers.

Maybe the Rangers will get some value out of him. He does have the numbers. But those numbers are hugely inflated beyond what he's capable of putting up in more realistic situations. Most teams don't have a Stamkos and a Kucherov playing on the same line, with a golden LW spot open.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I was literally just told he played the entire season with Stamkos and Kucherov BY YOUR OWN FAN. Reading comprehension is your friend.

I didn't say he played the entire season there. I said he put up the bulk of those points while playing there. If your reading comprehension were up to par, you'd realize I also said he didn't produce this year when NOT in that situation, which indicates he didn't play the entire season next to them.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I was literally just told he played the entire season with Stamkos and Kucherov BY YOUR OWN FAN. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Please, do tell. Or will you have troubles with this too? it was also in reference to his previous seasons too, which of course you were not privy to. Feel free to go through his game log and tell me how consistent his scoring was in previous years. I'll wait.

Well, in the portions of this season when he wasn't playing with Stamkos and Kucherov, it didn't exactly go well for him. He's been basically the same player since his sophomore season. I can't point to anything that's been significantly improved. He's a good north-south skater with a decent shot, but he lacks vision (he rarely spots the open man) and gets rag-dolled when the intensity picks up.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He's probably mad we gave them a broken MSL and Vladdy Namesnitkov while taking producing assets like Stralman, Boyle, McDonagh and Miller. All good though, we'll sign you a nice thank you post card if we win.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He finished the season with 48 points. Not 30-35.

He’s scored 127 in 282 games.

He’s a 45 point, 25 year old versatile forward.

Thats reality right there.

Because last season, 33 points in 38 games didn't change those numbers at all.. Funny how when 2018 started his numbers ended up being much different.

You're being extremely foolish if you think he produced anywhere near the same pace away from Stamkos and Kucherov. Stop blaming it on Namestnikov bouncing around from line to line. He was awful in most games with us. He gets bumped off the puck easier than spooner..

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Because last season, 33 points in 38 games didn't change those numbers at all.. Funny how when 2018 started his numbers ended up being much different.

You're being extremely foolish if you think he produced anywhere near the same pace away from Stamkos and Kucherov. Stop blaming it on Namestnikov bouncing around from line to line. He was awful in most games with us. He gets bumped off the puck easier than spooner..

Much different? It’s a 15 point swing. And although he probably won’t play with guys like Stammer and Kuch, he could very well play with linemates that are talented.

Namestnikov got traded from a cup favorite to a rebuilding team. You think Vesey is a good linemate for him? Playing on a team that had clearly given up on their coaching system?

Like I’ve said on the Rangers board, let’s see how he performs with a little more stability, and under a different environment before labeling him as a career 35 point player.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
The thing with Vladdy is as long as you take him for what he is and not what you wish he would be you’ll be happy; the second you start hoping for him to become more than he is you’ll be disappointed. If you want somebody who can play up and down the lineup, provide responsible defense, move the puck, and feast off the table scraps from better offensive players he’s your guy. He’ll also be well-liked in the locker room with his personality and willingness to jump in and defend his teammates on the ice. If you start wanting him to carry a line, drive play offensively, or elevate less-skilled linemates you’re going to be let down.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Much different? It’s a 15 point swing. And although he probably won’t play with guys like Stammer and Kuch, he could very well play with linemates that are talented.

Namestnikov got traded from a cup favorite to a rebuilding team. You think Vesey is a good linemate for him? Playing on a team that had clearly given up on their coaching system?

Like I’ve said on the Rangers board, let’s see how he performs with a little more stability, and under a different environment before labeling him as a career 35 point player.

But....that's what he is unless he plays with elite linemates. 4 points in 19 games is pitiful regardless of how you want to slice it. Buchnevich equaled and surpassed that in March. So did Fast. And Hayes. Kreider too. Skeji? Yup.

I mean there's a whole big list of players that equaled outproduced Vlads 19 games in NYR just in the month of March alone. The whole stability thing didn't seem to hurt any of those guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad