Value of: Vladislav Namestnikov

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Much different? It’s a 15 point swing. And although he probably won’t play with guys like Stammer and Kuch, he could very well play with linemates that are talented.

Namestnikov got traded from a cup favorite to a rebuilding team. You think Vesey is a good linemate for him? Playing on a team that had clearly given up on their coaching system?

Like I’ve said on the Rangers board, let’s see how he performs with a little more stability, and under a different environment before labeling him as a career 35 point player.

It's half the production in more than double the games. The opposite can easily be said, no? "Lets see how he performs before labeling him as a 48 point player. "

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
It's half the production in more than double the games. The opposite can easily be said, no? "Lets see how he performs before labeling him as a 48 point player. "
But he’s accomplished that. And I don’t know of many players that peak at 25, then immediately start regressing.

Do you think he’s played his best hockey?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Much different? It’s a 15 point swing. And although he probably won’t play with guys like Stammer and Kuch, he could very well play with linemates that are talented.

Namestnikov got traded from a cup favorite to a rebuilding team. You think Vesey is a good linemate for him? Playing on a team that had clearly given up on their coaching system?

Like I’ve said on the Rangers board, let’s see how he performs with a little more stability, and under a different environment before labeling him as a career 35 point player.

TB has at least one 60 point player on each of its top 3 lines. Lots of talented players. He didn't produce with any of them. There's a difference between players who are "talented" and Kucherov + Stamkos.

He's a 35 point player because that's what he's capable of (and what he's actually produced) without being in arguably the best situation in the league.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Conacher has absolutely nothing to do with Namestnikov.

Except for how Yzerman sold both players at an inflated value. Conacher never performed at anything close to that level again. Namestnikov never performed at that level when not playing with 91/86, even this year.

He's more likely to anchor reasonably talented players than make them better. He doesn't see plays unfolding around him. If you have a couple of top-20 players lying around, you might turn him into a 50 point guy.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He's a 35 point player because that's what he's capable of (and what he's actually produced) without being in arguably the best situation in the league.

And I’ll ask again, how old was Nams when was a 35 point player? 22? 23? He was 24 when this season started.

Are you saying he’s peaked? Are you suggesting that there’s no room for growth? I think you’re so fixated on labeling him as a 35 point player that these questions are being ignored.

If he plays on a line with Zucc and Hayes, or Zibanejad and Kreider over the next 1-2 seasons, you still see him maxing out at 35 points?

Because I don’t.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
And I’ll ask again, how old was Nams when was a 35 point player? 22? 23? He was 24 when this season started.

Are you saying he’s peaked? Are you suggesting that there’s no room for growth? I think you’re so fixated on labeling him as a 35 point player that these questions are being ignored.

If he plays on a line with Zucc and Hayes, or Zibanejad and Kreider over the next 1-2 seasons, you still see him maxing out at 35 points?

Because I don’t.

Has he improved at all since then? Not really. He's still not producing when not paired with 91-86. So I mean, yeah, he could magically become a legit 48 point guy, but I've seen nothing to suggest he will.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Has he improved at all since then? Not really. He's still not producing when not paired with 91-86. So I mean, yeah, he could magically become a legit 48 point guy, but I've seen nothing to suggest he will.
Fair enough. I guess we’ll see how his career unfolds.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Because I don’t.

You do know he was also 25 when he was not producing anywhere near the pace at the beginning of the season when playing with Kucherov and Stamkos, right?

While it's possible he gets 40+ playing with the right players, my point was nobody is really trading for him with an expectation that he's a 48 point player right now.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd gladly take Namestnikov back if we still had a late 1st. I'd even do a 2nd + Yan or maybe even Erne for him. He's a very versatile forward who can play up and down the lineup and at center or wing. Even if he's a 35 point forward instead of 48 he does a lot of little things that help you win. His shot suppression to generation numbers have been good throughout his career, his entry to exit numbers are above average, he'll hit and fight too. With a late 1st you hope they become a good middle 6 forward like him and a 2nd you just hope can just make the league.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I'd gladly take Namestnikov back if we still had a late 1st. I'd even do a 2nd + Yan or maybe even Erne for him. He's a very versatile forward who can play up and down the lineup and at center or wing. Even if he's a 35 point forward instead of 48 he does a lot of little things that help you win. His shot suppression to generation numbers have been good throughout his career, his entry to exit numbers are above average, he'll hit and fight too. With a late 1st you hope they become a good middle 6 forward like him and a 2nd you just hope can just make the league.

I’d love to have him back on the team but he’s going to make more on his next contract than we should pay him given the players we need to resign and the continued need to upgrade our defense. We have a farm system replete with defensively responsible forwards who will make significantly less than Vladdy for the next few years and I’d be surprised if at least one of those couldn’t give us more on the offensive end. It was a nice run with Vlad and I wish we could have won a Cup with him but it was time for us to move on.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
I say 35 points because that's the most he's ever put up without being on Stamkos AND Kucherov's wing. He likely wouldn't have hit 35 this year if he'd been in a lesser role, as evidenced by how dead silent he went when removed from that line, combined with his production in NY.

We upgraded on him twice. JT Miller is an upgrade on the top line, and Anthony Cirelli has been an upgrade on the 3rd line.

Just saying. Guys like Namestnikov kind of do grow on trees.

He's an okay 3rd liner. But if a team like Edmonton wants him to play with McDavid, that's just continuing the same problem they've always had of putting scrap players next to their star. Yeah, Namestnikov would likely put up more points than usual in that spot, but who wouldn't?

Lucic, Strome...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad