Value of: Vladislav Namestnikov

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Arizona SHOULD be very interested in him. Fantastic Dylan Strome insurance. Glad can play C or W depending on if Strome makes the team full time next season. The Coyotes have some pieces they could give up. We have Minnesota’s 2nd this year. Or maybe Lawson Crouse if he’s of interest. Thoughts?

Oh and if anyone mentions Domi, I’m kicking them in the nuts.

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Arizona SHOULD be very interested in him. Fantastic Dylan Strome insurance. Glad can play C or W depending on if Strome makes the team full time next season. The Coyotes have some pieces they could give up. We have Minnesota’s 2nd this year. Or maybe Lawson Crouse if he’s of interest. Thoughts?

Why not double up your insurance plan and acquire Spooner & Namestnikov for Domi?

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I'd reckon he has about the same value as Spooner, maybe a little more because he is better in the defensive zone, plays Center better and more consistently, and has 1 more year of RFA control (2 years till UFA for him vs. 1 year for Spooner).

2nd + decent prospect

Maybe Namestnitkov + Rangers 2nd (likely 42nd overall) for a team's 1st (low 20's range) + 3rd (low 100's range)
That’s fair.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Crouse+Wild 2nd? May be a little too much but I like Crouse and he brings a different element to this team

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'd say he could fetch an early 2nd...maybe even a late 1st.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Rangers would be well served to slide him in beside a pair of superstar scoring forwards and let him run up his value a bit before dealing him...Oh wait...hmmm...

That aside, he's still a solid Top-9 utility piece with tons of versatility who has shown an aptitude for playing productively with highly skilled players. He's very clearly not whatever he was on pace to produce in Tampa...he's more of a middle-6 range producer. But he can play up and down the lineup, all situations type guy, and does a lot of the little things that help linemates produce. He's just not a real offensive catalyst who is going to drive a line. That whole Miller/Namestnikov swap was weird from the start, and i think pretty clearly slanted to offer Tampa that extra little bit of value, rather than the way it was largely portrayed at the time.

Really is a tough sell trying to get full value for Namestnikov in trade at this point though. He's shattered any illusions that he's a dynamic Top-6 scorer like his stat sheet looked in Tampa. He's due a significant raise as an impending RFA. And he's a better player than he's showed so far in New York. Probably better just to keep him and see how he rebounds once he's settled in.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I would keep this guy. With the amount of Russian prospects we have coming through, it will be good to have a guy who's been around the league a little who can bridge the culture gap from someone who has been raised there vs. raised here. I wouldn't judge him so quickly because he may turn out to be a valuable asset for whomever winds up coaching this team next year.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I’d rather have Crouse than the 2nd. How about the Minnesota 2nd and Ryan MacInnis?
MacInnis pretty much has 0 NHL future
How about Arizona’s original 2nd (33rd) for Namestnikov+4th

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Vlad for Oilers 2nd and 4th? Or Oilers 2nd and Benson?
Could try him at 3center or on McDavids wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad