Confirmed with Link: Vladislav Gavrikov To Sign with CBJ

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The bigger question, of they flew out 2 days ago. they probably arrived yesterday. Is he at the arena today? I don't know that he would participate in practice today since he probably has to go through all sorts of physical testing for clearance but it would be interesting to know if he has made it.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
The bigger question, of they flew out 2 days ago. they probably arrived yesterday. Is he at the arena today? I don't know that he would participate in practice today since he probably has to go through all sorts of physical testing for clearance but it would be interesting to know if he has made it.
they had 2 days off anyway so if anything they should start practicing again today

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
they had 2 days off anyway so if anything they should start practicing again today
The team is practicing today. Should be starting right now. They are practicing today, tomorrow, and Monday. I'm just curious if Gavrikov will be with them since we've gotten no updates on his status.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
The team is practicing today. Should be starting right now. They are practicing today, tomorrow, and Monday. I'm just curious if Gavrikov will be with them since we've gotten no updates on his status.
If he's still waiting on a visa (let's say he was told he's close to getting it, that's why they flew over), is he allowed to practice? Or is practicing considered working? If he can't practice, hopefully he's watching the practice and getting to know his teammates.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
If he's still waiting on a visa (let's say he was told he's close to getting it, that's why they flew over), is he allowed to practice? Or is practicing considered working? If he can't practice, hopefully he's watching the practice and getting to know his teammates.
he has physical test and a lot of stuff to do first. I doubt he practice today. maybe tomorrow if everything go super well

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He couldn’t do anything without his visa. It would technically be illegal I believe.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Before joining regular practices, he should have some sort of quick introduction to the Jackets' system. Is Tyutin still part of the organization as a scout? He'd be ideal to help Gavrikov get up to speed. Rather than having Panarin or Bob have to translate and interrupt their practice time. It would be better to have a coach with Gavrikov who speaks Russian so there's no lost time or confusion. Even better yet would be a defenseman who understands what Gavrikov needs to do.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think they're going to have much competitive edge on Monday, there's no replacement for playoff hockey.

I'm not sure if we want them to battle each other with an edge, either. There's a really long battle ahead.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
I dont like this guy just waltzing in here.

By having tex get some games in with the monsters along with the age difference it feels totally different.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
CBJ has literally the worst luck with Russians. Why bother?
Yeah, that Russian goalie we have has been so terrible for the franchise. Fedor Tyutin was so terrible he played here for 8 years too. Come to think of it, Artem Anisimov was horrible too.

o_O

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I dont like this guy just waltzing in here.

By having tex get some games in with the monsters along with the age difference it feels totally different.

Texier barely played for Cleveland. Also, he is younger, so not sure what age has to do with it. If Gavrikov is better than other options, he should play. It is as simple as that.

BTW, he isn't just waltzing in here. He has been playing all year at a very high level in a good league.

Reactions: mikeyp24

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
CBJ has literally the worst luck with Russians. Why bother?

The Jackets traded a couple day 2 draft picks for a spare Russian goalie who quickly developed into a multi-Vezina winner, and then traded a degrading power forward for a Russian sniper that quickly transformed into an all-around playmaking superstar. I know what you mean, but I'd say the Jackets have had some good luck with Russians.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
Texier barely played for Cleveland. Also, he is younger, so not sure what age has to do with it. If Gavrikov is better than other options, he should play. It is as simple as that.

BTW, he isn't just waltzing in here. He has been playing all year at a very high level in a good league.
more importantly this group just had a defining moment. There was a shared experience centered around the idea of team. I dont disagree with the notion that conflict and forcing of confrontation is a good thing for growth. However im concerned if Vlad comes in and doesnt pull the rope the same way clendening was, if vlad cant trap with conviction, its going to rock the boat

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
more importantly this group just had a defining moment. There was a shared experience centered around the idea of team. I dont disagree with the notion that conflict and forcing of confrontation is a good thing for growth. Vlad comes in and doesnt pull the rope the same way clendening was its going to rock the boat

If Vlad doesn't pull hard enough he's not going to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad