Confirmed with Link: Vladislav Gavrikov To Sign with CBJ

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Anybody else see the pairs of:
Jones/Z
Savy/Gavy
Nuti/Kukan

I 100% am the trademark owner of "The Gavy/Savy Connection" and the way Savard has been blocking everything in sight while also activating in the offensive zone whilst adding the Wall that is Gavrikov...by the way not even effecting our cap because the Mexicans are paying for him... I see that pair playing some dominate D. If we can get Murray back with Nuti I guarantee at least 1 shutout in the series whether we win or lose the series that D and that Bob are too loaded

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Zherdev played for Columbus for 4 years and had 2 pretty good seasons. Wouldn't call him a failure.

Filatov was a bust and Mayorov was never good enough.

Strange you didn't mention Svitov.
He was technically Tampa's bust but he was OK when he was here.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Jones/Z
Savy/Gavy
Nuti/Kukan

I 100% am the trademark owner of "The Gavy/Savy Connection" and the way Savard has been blocking everything in sight while also activating in the offensive zone whilst adding the Wall that is Gavrikov...by the way not even effecting our cap because the Mexicans are paying for him... I see that pair playing some dominate D. If we can get Murray back with Nuti I guarantee at least 1 shutout in the series whether we win or lose the series that D and that Bob are too loaded

Isn’t Gavrikov more of a defensive defenseman/shutdown guy? (I really don’t know much about him.) If so, I think I’d prefer Nuti/Savard and Gavrikov/Kukan (if Gavrikov is even going to play). That’d be a bit more balanced, with one offensive-minded/smooth skating D and one shutdown/defensive D on each pair. (I know Savard has channeled his inner Erik Karlsson lately, but still.) Additionally, Nuti/Savard have played a lot together already, particularly since Murray’s injury. And putting Gavrikov with Kukan would also allow him to get 3rd pair minutes and not just throw him straight into the deep end.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Jones/Z
Savy/Gavy
Nuti/Kukan

No thank you. I wouldn't play Savard and Gavrikov together.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I get people are worried about the chemistry getting messed up by just inserting him into the lineup, but Gavrikov is a stay at home type dman who helped his team win a Olympic gold medal. At the end of the day hockey is hockey. It may take him some time to adjust to Torts system of being agressive in the offensive zone and pushing play. But it's still just hockey on a smaller rink. This isn't 19yr old Gabe Carlsson being inserted into the lineup, this is a fully grown man with a lot of experience under his belt. This is a guy who didn't wanna leave the KHL until he got his gold medal. He's a competitor and I think he knows how much is at stake jumping onto a roster Midway through the playoffs.

I see him playing a similar style to Savard honestly, without the jumping up offensively.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm impressed honestly. not just his English but his knowledge of the team is great too, He seems to watch the team a lot and talk with the player/staff. that will help the transition for sure.

If he came here barely speaking and barely knowing what was going on it would be much harder.

According to Porty his wife is his teacher and he was listening to English podcasts on his flight. I was quite surprised too

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
if you want to share the information that'd be cool!!
14857745.jpg

Panarin yesterday: "I will drive him around, i don't know how his english though. hahaha "
Well, Artemy it's better than yours.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
14857745.jpg

Panarin yesterday: "I will drive him around, i don't know how his english though. hahaha "
Well, Artemy it's better than yours.
welcome aboard mr gavrikov. i pray to all deities known to man throughout all of history your wife loves columbus and becomes fast friends with bob's and breads's significant others

Reactions: mikeyp24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad