Jun 8, 2018
more photo

Attachments

• wife.jpg
    wife.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 138

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Isn't easier to just stalk Vlad instagram or whatever rather than sharing pictures here :help:. He seems happy that's good

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeyp24

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I liked his interview today when they ask about his game translating he just kept saying he needs to get better and the NHL is the next level up for him so he needs to get better. Also in a completely straight dude way... not a bad looking dude. Anyways cant wait until this public scrimmage monday its been too long already sonce we been off.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Assuming that he plays well in practice, and Nuti, Quaider, and Murray are all still out, I'd start game 1 with this:

Werenski - Jones

Kukan - Savard

Gavrikov - Clendening

Harrington

With this cast, there's no way I'm breaking up the Kukan - Savard pairing after their solid play in the last two games, and that leaves Clendening as the only guy who can play the right side on the third pair. He also looked better than Harrington last round, to my eyes at least. Gavrikov has a mobility advantage on Harrington and I think we'll need that, so he goes in there.

Last edited:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Assuming that he plays well in practice, and Nuti, Quaider, and Murray are all still out, I'd start game 1 with this:

Werenski - Jones

Kukan - Savard

Gavrikov - Clendening

Harrington

With this cast, there's no way I'm breaking up the Kukan - Savard pairing after their solid play in the last two games, and that leaves Clendening as the only guy who can play the right side on the third pair. He also looked better than Harrington last round, to my eyes at least. Gavrikov has a mobility advantage on Harrington and I think we'll need that, so he goes in there.

If Torts were to go into game 1 of the 2nd round with 2 guys playing on the 3rd pair who weren't even on the team when the regular season ended he'd have balls as big as that building.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If Torts were to go into game 1 of the 2nd round with 2 guys playing on the 3rd pair who weren't even on the team when the regular season ended he'd have balls as big as that building.

We've already seen Harrington - Clendening as a pair, which should have been more unnerving. Is it really that ballsy to put Gavrikov in for Harrington?

Neither Gavrikov or Harrington can play right side, so it's really one spot between them. That or move Kukan to 3rd pair RHD, but right now Kukan is the best placed to pair with Savard and play higher minutes.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
We've already seen Harrington - Clendening as a pair, which should have been more unnerving. Is it really that ballsy to put Gavrikov in for Harrington?

Neither Gavrikov or Harrington can play right side, so it's really one spot between them. That or move Kukan to 3rd pair RHD, but right now Kukan is the best placed to pair with Savard and play higher minutes.
Only that we don’t exactly know what Gavrikov can add and how he performs with the rest of the D this quickly. Torts doesn’t even know anything about him based on what he’s said. He may be able to jump right in like Texier has or he may struggle. I might have a better feeling after seeing him on Monday.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL

I just can’t see Clendening in over Harrington. If neither Gav nor Harry truly can play the right side (I’ll take your word for it) then I imagine they’ll move Harrington up with Savard and drop Kukan to 3rd pair (or keep Gavrikov out and go with the pairings for Game 3/4). But they sheltered Clendening to a pretty noticeable extent and Harry’s been in the lineup all year; tough to see him being benched for a guy who’s been in Cleveland the vast majority of the season.

It still seems strange to me Nuti was warming up before Game 3 yet wouldn’t be able to play 10+ days later, but if that’s truly the case, then the above is what I think will happen.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I just can’t see Clendening in over Harrington. If neither Gav nor Harry truly can play the right side (I’ll take your word for it) then I imagine they’ll move Harrington up with Savard and drop Kukan to 3rd pair (or keep Gavrikov out and go with the pairings for Game 3/4). But they sheltered Clendening to a pretty noticeable extent and Harry’s been in the lineup all year; tough to see him being benched for a guy who’s been in Cleveland the vast majority of the season.

It still seems strange to me Nuti was warming up before Game 3 yet wouldn’t be able to play 10+ days later, but if that’s truly the case, then the above is what I think will happen.

Harrington-Savard scares me more, because you need Savard to play 20+ minutes and I don't want us to put Harrington in those situations for that long. I also don't like the skill mix, neither is fleet of foot.

I'm less interested in who was here all year or who was in the AHL. Clendening was better than Harrington last week, and plays a different position.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Harrington-Savard scares me more, because you need Savard to play 20+ minutes and I don't want us to put Harrington in those situations for that long. I also don't like the skill mix, neither is fleet of foot.

I'm less interested in who was here all year or who was in the AHL. Clendening was better than Harrington last week, and plays a different position.
Clendening is also +18 and 37 points on that Monsters team.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Only that we don’t exactly know what Gavrikov can add and how he performs with the rest of the D this quickly. Torts doesn’t even know anything about him based on what he’s said. He may be able to jump right in like Texier has or he may struggle. I might have a better feeling after seeing him on Monday.
This is where all of the extra practice we're getting right now will pay dividends (outside of healing some banged up bodies)

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

Agree with the point that it really comes down to second pair minutes. Kukan showed he can give the 17-18 TOI and that Torts trusted him (given the situation). Neither Harry or Clendening strike me as guys I'd allow that amount of TOI and I'm sure Torts wouldn't - especially with Clendening (I base the latter on the under 10 minutes in prior games).

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I may very well be on my ship, but here's my D pairings, with 4 assumptions

1) Murray is still out
2) Gavrikov is the real deal
3) McQuaid is ready to play
4) Nuti is ready to play

Jones/Z
Savard/Nutivaara
McQuaid/Gavrikov

I like the idea a having a shut down pair, just when our opponent is glad to see Jones and Z get off the ice,
here comes McQuaid and Gavrikov. I like the idea of putting a more experienced D man
with Gavrikov to start off with. Going back to March I thought McQuaid was playing stellar defense

It will be interesting to see who suits up for game 1. It's been amazing to see the number of guys step up
and play well as the injuries have hit the blue line

pled

Sep 7, 2009

1) Murray is still out
4) Nuti is ready to play

Jones/Z
Savard/Nutivaara
McQuaid/Gavrikov

I like the idea a having a shut down pair, just when our opponent is glad to see Jones and Z get off the ice,
here comes McQuaid and Gavrikov. I like the idea of putting a more experienced D man
with Gavrikov to start off with. Going back to March I thought McQuaid was playing stellar defense

It will be interesting to see who suits up for game 1. It's been amazing to see the number of guys step up
Nut doesn't seem ready and even if Gav is the real deal and McQuaid is ready I still think Kukan stay. and McQuaid is the only experience player so they would probably play him over Gav for at least the first game.

anyway McQuaid didn't practice with the team yet so it's really down to Gav vs Clens right now. and I see nothing to lose in trying Gav and giving him 7 min if he isn't the real deal.

If McQuaid manage to get ready before the serie then it's harder for Gav vs Harry. but if he is the real deal I think he plays over Harry

Best case scenario for first game is:

Zach Jonesy
Kukan Savy
Gav McQ

Last edited:

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
Maybe I'm the only one, but I wasn't very impressed with McQuaid since we acquired him. I'd be more comfortable with just about any other option, including giving Gavrikov a shot.

Reactions: Viqsi

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe I'm the only one, but I wasn't very impressed with McQuaid since we acquired him. I'd be more comfortable with just about any other option, including giving Gavrikov a shot.

I agree. McQuaid was never good. I'd feel more comfortable trying Gavrikov. And I've preferred what I've seen of Clendening to McQuaid. Those two are right-side D, so that is a real choice if McQuaid is healthy. I doubt Gavrikov is debuted on the right side, he has enough things to adjust to already. It will likely be a choice between Gavrikov and Harrington on the left side, and Harrington was our worst in the first round if you ask me.

Reactions: Viqsi

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
For me, McQuaid has been a trainwreck and not reliable. Harrington a smidge more reliable.

Werenski - Jones
Kukan - Savard
Gavrikov - Clendening

If Nuti can play, he should.

I like those pairings if Nuti is still out (obviously he plays if he can).

I think the galaxy brain version of it is:

Werenski - Jones
Kukan - Savard
Gavrikov - Peeke

I'm not in attendance to see Gavrikov - Peeke in practice. But if they look good I don't think it's especially ballsy to try something like that over Harrington - Mcquaid or some such. That to me is choosing between something which might be a disaster and something that almost certainly will be.

Reactions: Gagnefan924

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

1) Murray is still out
4) Nuti is ready to play

Jones/Z
Savard/Nutivaara
McQuaid/Gavrikov

Kukan over McQuaid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->