Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He only had 8 assists on the year, but that doesn't even remotely come close to telling the whole story. Scroll through this and the previous thread to see clips of numerous high-danger scoring chances he's set up that weren't converted. He realistically should've had double the amount of assists, and a 16-16-32 statline would be very respectable for a kid his age in the KHL

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I honestly do not expect Kravtsov to just be added to the line up immediately when he comes over. Probably starts in Hartford or on the taxi squad.

Whatever he has done in the KHL probably has not changed the way Quinn thinks about him.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Traktor and Kravtsov are facing Salavat Ulaev in the first round. Strong team but Traktor was had a pretty strong finish, unlike the teams they were competing for this 5 spot in the East.

Games will be March 3, 5, 7, 9, 11*, 13*, 15* (* if necessary)

Reactions: Mac n Gs and Kords

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
He can be in the Rangers Top 9 right now. His defensive play has come a long way. He is not going to be a selke candidate but he is responsible enough to be put right in the Top 9. That ice time would up his trade value because I am confident he would do well with the Talent we have in the top 9 when everyone is healthy. Him flanking Chytil would be two big boys coming at the defense
Those two and Laf would be a pretty sick third line next year.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He only had 8 assists on the year, but that doesn't even remotely come close to telling the whole story. Scroll through this and the previous thread to see clips of numerous high-danger scoring chances he's set up that weren't converted. He realistically should've had double the amount of assists, and a 16-16-32 statline would be very respectable for a kid his age in the KHL

Love that Kravtsov spent this season under Gatiyatulin as his HC. The team defends “5 in the picture” and Kravtsov has shown a full buy-in always coming back to defend.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Even if Kravtsov doesn't get much time with the Rangers this season, we're looking at next season having D+4 Kravtsov, D+3 Kakko and D+2 Lafreniere.

A little more mature players that will have pro game experience under their belts on the wing to compliment Kreider, Panarin, and Buch. The top 9 wingers could be the best group of wingers we've ever seen iced at one time for the Rangers. The top 9 in general could have an immense amount of skill.

Reactions: FireGerardGallant

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
i hope the kid gets PP time in the slot position. That seems to be his bread and butter and even if it makes defenders swarm to him, that opens up room for a lot of the other guys to let loose on the PP.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I honestly do not expect Kravtsov to just be added to the line up immediately when he comes over. Probably starts in Hartford or on the taxi squad.

Whatever he has done in the KHL probably has not changed the way Quinn thinks about him.

I have no idea what Quinn thinks about him but my guess would be that like most NHL coaches if he hasn't played any games for his team or done any practices lately then they really don't know them apart from maybe they're a high profile prospect.

As far as Kravtsov's season in the K--to me it's been okay. He's a good player on his team there. He's been mired it seems in a bit of a slump lately though and been streaky all season long.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
i hope the kid gets PP time in the slot position. That seems to be his bread and butter and even if it makes defenders swarm to him, that opens up room for a lot of the other guys to let loose on the PP.
pp time here? with the Rangers? Maybe if he ever goes to Hartford. If he ever gets pp time here he will be lucky to get the final 20 seconds on the second unit.

Reactions: Nickmo82

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
No slump - after missing a few games due to injury Kravtsov came back for the last two games and played as well as at any point during the season.

Okay 16 goals and 24 points in 49 games. A point every other game and 7th on his team in scoring. Maybe if he were to stay another year in the KHL next year would be the year he'd start to take off. For now he's one of his team's better players but he's not really the guy driving the offense.

I wouldn't expect a whole lot more out of him now as far as production than we've gotten from Kakko or Lafreniere so far especially with our problems at center. If he's not the guy driving the offense for his team in the KHL it's unlikely he's ready to do it in the NHL.

Personally I think Lundkvist is the player most ready to step into the NHL.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I literally have negative faith in VK coming over this season and being put in a position to succeed/develop. I think it’s a horrible idea to have him come over.

It’s a bit different for defensemen, but I can’t possibly think of a worse scenario for developing forwards than we currently have.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Okay 16 goals and 24 points in 49 games. A point every other game and 7th on his team in scoring. Maybe if he were to stay another year in the KHL next year would be the year he'd start to take off. For now he's one of his team's better players but he's not really the guy driving the offense.

I wouldn't expect a whole lot more out of him now as far as production than we've gotten from Kakko or Lafreniere so far especially with our problems at center. If he's not the guy driving the offense for his team in the KHL it's unlikely he's ready to do it in the NHL.

Personally I think Lundkvist is the player most ready to step into the NHL.

I’d say to set one’s expectations re. Kravtsov performance look to how Buchnevich performance when he first came over (though I suspect that Kravtsov would be able to perform better).

As far as Kravtsov hard stats translation into PPG, Vitali himself acknowledged that it took him a long time to get into a decent shape often his early season’s injury. Everyone is free to make their own minds but even excluding terrible puck luck from his linemates not converting on gimmes from Kravtsov, I view him as a .65 PPG KHL producer.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Still think if it were based solely on camp performance rather than draft pedigree, he would’ve made the team over Kakko last year. During training camp the staff & everyone were raving about Kravtsov specifically, not Kakko. Even watching in the preseason he looked more like Hughes than Kakko, showed way more flashes of that high end skill despite being physically overwhelmed. I think fans will be happy that he is a much more creative player than the typical Rangers picks who are very much x’s & o’s guys without much flash to their game.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Agreed. I normally don't like the "he could have had more points" argument, but I really like his vision. He can become a real threat offensively because the defense will have to respect his willingness to shoot, the pass, and the dangle. Only problem offensively is that his shot isn’t exactly lethal, but still.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Still think if it were based solely on camp performance rather than draft pedigree, he would’ve made the team over Kakko last year. During training camp the staff & everyone were raving about Kravtsov specifically, not Kakko. Even watching in the preseason he looked more like Hughes than Kakko, showed way more flashes of that high end skill despite being physically overwhelmed. I think fans will be happy that he is a much more creative player than the typical Rangers picks who are very much x’s & o’s guys without much flash to their game.

Maybe Buffalo has memories of and misses Afinogenov and accept him as the main piece of the Eichel trade.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019

Creative you say? But we only dump and not chase, and grind it out on Quinn's team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad