Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
can't wait for Eichel to land in Nashville or Minnesota or etc, so this chatter finally ends ....
suddenly NHL trade proposals sound like NBA trades, 5-8 pieces for a part of a proposed Big 3 ...

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He fooled the goalie with the release I’m almost certain he expected him to hold on to it longer. He’s very deceptive with his releases always has been. Makes the goalie look bad

kravtsov went 9th in the draft because of what he showed in the playoffs. Let’s be honest. This kid steps up in big games. The playoffs and world juniors have been his best hockey. It’s good to see it because we need guys that blossom in big spots instead of wilting

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I'm by no means comparing the two at all in terms of style. But Kravtsov has a deceptive release like Marian Gaborik did in his heyday.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You really see it on the shootout attempts

goalies always get caught in between. He hides it well. That’s a real elite nhl skill

I still think this kids biggest issue was growing into his body. He grew like 3 inches in a very short amount of time. Looked very uncomfortable for a year there. Now he’s starting to look fluid like he had as a teenager. Not sure he’s ever going to be a big scorer but I think he’s going to be a very similar player to Buchnevich except I think he will step up in big spots more like he’s shown in the playoffs and I think he’s going to be a better finisher around the net.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Stock Value just went up for an Eichel trade. Keep scoring VK!!!

But honestly, I would love to have this kid on the Rangers sooner rather than later if he isnt included in a trade.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He’s essentially why you don’t extend Buchnevich. Makes no sense. Younger and cost controlled.

you see what kreider brings than no one else does on the team. That elite net front presence that deal made sense certainly before you win the draft lottery. But Buchnevich does not. Not when you have to commit to Laf kakko and kravtsov

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He’s essentially why you don’t extend Buchnevich. Makes no sense. Younger and cost controlled.

you see what kreider brings than no one else does on the team. That elite net front presence that deal made sense certainly before you win the draft lottery. But Buchnevich does not. Not when you have to commit to Laf kakko and kravtsov
The chances of Kravstov stepping into the line up next year and producing the way that Buchnevich has been is virtually non-existent. In fact, looking at trajectories, it would not shock me one bit if it took Kravstov another 3-4 years to develop. At a time when the team is not going to really be able to afford non-top 6 production from a starting RW.

Kravstov is far from a reason that Buchnevich is or is not extended. That is like saying that Lindgren is expendable because Zach Jones is in the system.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The chances of Kravstov stepping into the line up next year and producing the way that Buchnevich has been is virtually non-existent. In fact, looking at trajectories, it would not shock me one bit if it took Kravstov another 3-4 years to develop. At a time when the team is not going to really be able to afford non-top 6 production from a starting RW.

Kravstov is far from a reason that Buchnevich is or is not extended. That is like saying that Lindgren is expendable because Zach Jones is in the system.

Yup, Kravtsov is going perform more or less like Buchnevich from his freshman-sophomore years. So the question about moving Buchnevich won’t need to be raised until ALL of our young wingers are on their expensive (2nd or 3rd) contracts. Signed Buchnevich will be very easy to move at any time.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yup, Kravtsov is going perform more or less like Buchnevich from his freshman-sophomore years. So the question about moving Buchnevich won’t need to be raised until ALL of our young wingers are on their expensive (2nd or 3rd) contracts. Signed Buchnevich will be very easy to move at any time.
Am also wondering if Buchnevich would be had on a 3 year deal. That would get him to possible UFA status before 30 and allow the team to see how the other wingers are developing and kick the can down the road for needing to make a decision. This presumes that there is no Eichel, of course.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
He only had 8 assists on the year, but that doesn't even remotely come close to telling the whole story. Scroll through this and the previous thread to see clips of numerous high-danger scoring chances he's set up that weren't converted. He realistically should've had double the amount of assists, and a 16-16-32 statline would be very respectable for a kid his age in the KHL
Oh we know. Sedlaaaaaak ! *shakes fist*

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Traktor takes the 1st (road) game against Salavat.

Kravtsov with a very strong game (again). A goal, 3 SOG in over 20 min of ice time. Over 7 min of “time on attack” which is a lot!

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
I don't see the Buchnevich/Kravtsov comparison; them being Russian aside. Buch is sturdier; more of a grinder. He doesn't have that breakaway speed. They both have slick hands. Krav is elusive with a sneaky good shot. Krav also seems to have developed his defensive game earlier than Buch did. I think they can both be in our top 9 depending on having a 3rd line that is also defensively responsible. In a perfect world you want three lines that can score with the 3rd line as your go to line in shut down situations and a 4th line that plays 8 - 10 minutes changing momentum with toughness and the ability to clear the zone effectively. In that setup, we can have both guys. Our current bottom 6 players, cannot handle the puck or win alot of 50/50 battles which leads to too much D-zone time. Hopefully, when KK and Bread get back, everyone slots in better and only the 4th line will be puck challenged.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't see the Buchnevich/Kravtsov comparison; them being Russian aside. Buch is sturdier; more of a grinder. He doesn't have that breakaway speed. They both have slick hands. Krav is elusive with a sneaky good shot. Krav also seems to have developed his defensive game earlier than Buch did. I think they can both be in our top 9 depending on having a 3rd line that is also defensively responsible. In a perfect world you want three lines that can score with the 3rd line as your go to line in shut down situations and a 4th line that plays 8 - 10 minutes changing momentum with toughness and the ability to clear the zone effectively. In that setup, we can have both guys. Our current bottom 6 players, cannot handle the puck or win alot of 50/50 battles which leads to too much D-zone time. Hopefully, when KK and Bread get back, everyone slots in better and only the 4th line will be puck challenged.
This is not a stylistic comparison. Rather on when production actually came.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad