Prospect Info: Vitali Kravtsov: Part IX

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
is he as bad at finishing?

5 seasons. Buch has been afforded a lot of time. He's definitely not someone I would sign long-term big$$$ into his 30's.

Ironically there’re a lot of similarities in this respect between two Russians: Kravtsov does A LOT of good things that translate to team’s success but don’t show in personal stats.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Not for nothing but I hope they get swept in the 1st round. We need more quality in our lineup.

Then again, DQ would just scratch Gauthier instead of DiGi, so its a wash.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'd much rather he light it up over there and win it all over fighting for bottom 6 minutes in NY. Would only up his trade value as well if thats the direction things go.
He can be in the Rangers Top 9 right now. His defensive play has come a long way. He is not going to be a selke candidate but he is responsible enough to be put right in the Top 9. That ice time would up his trade value because I am confident he would do well with the Talent we have in the top 9 when everyone is healthy. Him flanking Chytil would be two big boys coming at the defense

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
He can be in the Rangers Top 9 right now. His defensive play has come a long way. He is not going to be a selke candidate but he is responsible enough to be put right in the Top 9. That ice time would up his trade value because I am confident he would do well with the Talent we have in the top 9 when everyone is healthy. Him flanking Chytil would be two big boys coming at the defense

I agree that he could, just doubt that he would.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I agree that he could, just doubt that he would.
I agree, I doubt he would be with DQ at the helm. But one can hope and pray. He is an upgrade on DiGi, Rooney, Howden, Lemmy, and even Blackwell (who is clearly at his all time ceiling play right now so how long does this last for?). And upgrade on Gauthier as well because I think Kravtsov is more defensively responsible. Problem is it might take him a few games to get going here, but DQ would pull the plug a few shifts into the 1st game...

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I agree, I doubt he would be with DQ at the helm. But one can hope and pray. He is an upgrade on DiGi, Rooney, Howden, Lemmy, and even Blackwell (who is clearly at his all time ceiling play right now so how long does this last for?). And upgrade on Gauthier as well because I think Kravtsov is more defensively responsible. Problem is it might take him a few games to get going here, but DQ would pull the plug a few shifts into the 1st game...
Those first four guys are here to play a role. I have zero interest in bringing Kravtsov over to play in the 4th line and in turn make it less physical. We still have Panarin and Kakko out as well. I don’t see where Kravtsov fits this season, especially with Blackwell playing so well.

Finish this year strong in Russia and come ready for next season please.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Those first four guys are here to play a role. I have zero interest in bringing Kravtsov over to play in the 4th line and in turn make it less physical. We still have Panarin and Kakko out as well. I don’t see where Kravtsov fits this season, especially with Blackwell playing so well.

Finish this year strong in Russia and come ready for next season please.
I mean if you just take the time to scroll up I said he needs to and should be playing in the Top 9.

And having someone like Blackwell hold him back from those minutes if flat out negligent. Blackwell is a career 4th liner who has hit a bit of a hot streak here. Blackwell can down to the 4th line to play that grinder role, chip and chase game, who can move up in the lineup as needed. You dont block your 9th overall pick for Colin Blackwell. Nope, sorry. This isn’t a cup contending team. Kravtsov can get his minutes.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I mean if you just take the time to scroll up I said he needs to and should be playing in the Top 9.

And having someone like Blackwell hold him back from those minutes if flat out negligent. Blackwell is a career 4th liner who has hit a bit of a hot streak here. Blackwell can down to the 4th line to play that grinder role, chip and chase game, who can move up in the lineup as needed. You dont block your 9th overall pick for Colin Blackwell. Nope, sorry. This isn’t a cup contending team. Kravtsov can get his minutes.
He still needs to demonstrate he's ready for them. Going into last year a lot of people assumed he'd be ready to step into a top-9 role, when in fact he wasn't even ready to be a consistent contributor in the AHL. His overall game may have improved this year but that still doesn't guarantee he's ready to be an NHL contributor, and I do not believe in force-feeding minutes to guys who aren't ready. I don't think that's helpful.

I want him to come over and play on the taxi and show the coaches he's ready to play. And if he is, great, then we can talk about who were bumping for him to step in. But, if he comes and doesn't look like he's ready to regularly contribute, he can stay on the taxi.

Reactions: GAGLine

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
He still needs to demonstrate he's ready for them. Going into last year a lot of people assumed he'd be ready to step into a top-9 role, when in fact he wasn't even ready to be a consistent contributor in the AHL. His overall game may have improved this year but that still doesn't guarantee he's ready to be an NHL contributor, and I do not believe in force-feeding minutes to guys who aren't ready. I don't think that's helpful.

I want him to come over and play on the taxi and show the coaches he's ready to play. And if he is, great, then we can talk about who were bumping for him to step in. But, if he comes and doesn't look like he's ready to regularly contribute, he can stay on the taxi.
I just think with where this team is right now, “force feeding” him 3rd line minutes which is really 12-15 minutes a night would not hurt him or the team. I can understand where you are coming from, but I want to see what this kid can do at the NHL level next to Filip Chytil

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

I think that, given the circumstances surrounding this season, and how well Blackwell has played, that you do indeed block your 9th overall draft pick. Blackwell has basically been the motor for the entire forward corps this year and he deserves his spot. And by “block”, I really just mean that I prefer that Kravtsov’s playoff in Russia lasts a long time and he continues to get big minutes and excel there.

All of that said, Kravtsov has gone from the linchpin of the rebuild to a luxury in a very short amount of time. I’m starting to think that he is trade bait at this point. Buch establishing himself as a PKer and solid two way player makes it very difficult to move him.

Too many wingers in this organization.

I really like this player, just to be clear.

Reactions: RGY

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Agreed with this. Giving young players unearned ice time is less likely to make them better players than making them earn it.

And if Blackwell's performance is just a hot streak and not Knuble situation of a guy figuring it out at 27, then this "problem" will take care of itself naturally anyway.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
I think that, given the circumstances surrounding this season, and how well Blackwell has played, that you do indeed block your 9th overall draft pick. Blackwell has basically been the motor for the entire forward corps this year and he deserves his spot. And by “block”, I really just mean that I prefer that Kravtsov’s playoff in Russia lasts a long time and he continues to get big minutes and excel there.

All of that said, Kravtsov has gone from the linchpin of the rebuild to a luxury in a very short amount of time. I’m starting to think that he is trade bait at this point. Buch establishing himself as a PKer and solid two way player makes it very difficult to move him.

Too many wingers in this organization.

I really like this player, just to be clear.

Buch is a good player, but his cap hit is just not something the team can absorb with its current cap situation, especially when there are cheaper options moving up in the organization.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Is this still true with Tony D out of the picture?

Well he's still in the picture currently, but assuming he gets moved, I would say yes. Chytil, Kakko, Shesty, and Fox are all up for sizable raises over the next two seasons. And then you still have Laf and Miller the following year. And then what to do about Zibanejad's next contract? Or what if we trade for Eichel?

Unfortunately giving a sizable contract to Buch is too limiting for the organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad