Prospect Info: Ville Heinola, LD, Finland (20th Overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Kid was averaging 18 minutes a game. No clue where this comment is coming from. :help:

Exactly. He was averaging the 4th most minutes on the team.
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 1.17.19 PM.png

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Meant as when everyone’s healthy if he’s on the third pairing and the last few games his minutes were in the 14min range

You can't expect people to agree with you if it takes 3 separate posts to clarify one thought.

Anyways, you are correct. His last 2 games he played between 13.0-14.5 minutes.

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 3.17.06 PM.png

AtomicJets

Dec 20, 2014
I was previously of the opinion that Heinola should be sent down but I am actually a little disappointed now that it has happened. He is clearly one of our best defencemen. Especially with Beaulieu back, I think we could put together a viable defence corps that could actually take us to the playoffs:

Morrissey-Pionk
Beaulieu-Poolman
Heinola-Kulikov

That is actually a pretty decent set of defencemen. Are we actually going to "ruin" or "stunt" Heinola's development by letting him play in the NHL on a fringe playoff team? I doubt it. Is an extra year on the ELC really helping us? That just gives him another year to get better and at 22 you are maturing as a player... price tag only gets higher on that second contract.... better to sign him to 8 years after a 30 point season when he is 21 than a 50 point season at 22....

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
It seems like the Jets are the wrong club for Heinola. In much other Teams he would stay in NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad