Prospect Info: Ville Heinola, LD, Finland (20th Overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Said this before if the Jets don't want to burn a year I would prefer Heinola goes back to Finland to play the rest of the season, come back next year at little stronger and few more lbs already knowing what to expect, he will have no problem sticking

Reactions: Crocket

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Do you think so? Perhaps you think Trouba would do better with who Morrissey has to play with?
Or do you think that the drop off from Trouba has more to do with it.

The drop off. And Trouba might have done better with Morrissey’s teammates considering how bad he’s looked to start the season. I’ve gone "oh crap what a rookie mistake" several times after seeing a 4 on the jersey expecting it to be 14, just to see that it was actually 44. I have a hard time believing Trouba would have looked that bad.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
How... was he able to get rid of his FEL contract in order to go to the Moose? Did TN pay his team some compensation?

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
Ya, he's going to get way more minutes, pp time. And he needs to get stronger. He is impressive, but will be better with more experience.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
He's a first round pick.

That has nothing to do with it. Picks from any round can be assigned to the AHL. It's been discussed in other threads.

Somewhere along the way quite a few posters have alleged this to be true.

It's not

can he be recalled?

Yes of course.

It's also entirely possible he still decides to return back overseas at some point, but in all likelihood it's in his best interests to remain in North America.

Playing in Europe certainly has its benefits, mostly financial, but with his playing 29 days & 8 games in the NHL already, he's already made $144,220.

I suggested months ago that providing him with at least 9 NHL games and an AHL salary was the financial incentive to keep him in North America. He's now at 8 games and can play in only 1 more NHL game if he's to remain a slide candidate for next season.

Last edited:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
That has nothing to do with it. Picks from any round can be assigned to the AHL. It's been discussed in other threads.

It's not

Yes of course.

It's also entirely possible he still decides to return back overseas at some point, but in all likelihood it's in his best interests to remain in North America.

Playing in Europe certainly has its benefits, mostly financial, but with his playing 29 days & 8 games in the NHL already, he's already made $144,220.

I suggested months ago that providing him with at least 9 NHL games and an AHL salary was the financial incentive to keep him in North America. He's now at 8 games and can play in only 1 more NHL game if he's to remain a slide candidate for next season.

The numbers certainly work out in games played/available and salary.

I hope he stays with the moose and tears it up there, waiting for a callup.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

It's not
There's a good reason for quite a few posters alleging this to be true, considering that's how it is for the Finnish transfer agreement. Non-first round picks need to return to Liiga, whereas first round picks can be assigned to AHL as well.

Reactions: FinJetster

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
There's a good reason for quite a few posters alleging this to be true, considering that's how it is for the Finnish transfer agreement. Non-first round picks need to return to Liiga, whereas first round picks can be assigned to AHL as well.

^^^^^^True! Chevy even said so in his presser this morning 1st round picks have more options than non 1st rounders.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

I'll assume you are correct, although it's the first I've heard of this. Read countless posts in many threads both here and on the main boards that included multiple examples of non first rounders that played in the AHL in their draft year.

I'd have to revisit these threads, but perhaps it was simply "Europeans" and not specifically "Finnish" players that were the subject of the conversation.

Would this only apply to players presently under Liiga contracts? Would it be different if only the players club rights are held?

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015

Did not know this... Good to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad